Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US: About.com doing a long-term Mirage test - top spec CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    While I appreciate saving money on gas as much as the next guy, I'd definitely look for something bigger if my main use was long distance highway driving.

Nothing beats having as much metal as possible between you and those big rigs, in case something goes wrong.

I have been pleasantly surprised how well the Mirage does on the highway. Set the cruise and you can go as long as you wish on a tank of fuel.

Cars with short wheel bases just don't have the ride quality for highway cruising that a longer wheel base vehicle will provide.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    M-88 , what drives us nuts is when they fill the potholes and don't pack it down . Go through it and throws it all into the tire wells and onto the rocker panel . Worst yet is when someone goes by at high speed and it gets tossed onto the car and hits the wind shield . Scares the H*LL out of you .

Country
    United States
    Thanks

cool long term review

http://cars.about.com/od/2014-Mitsub...st-Month-4.htm

just found this long term Mirage review...by someone who is honest and not trying to compare it to a luxury vehicle

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fatcat For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-15-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Decent review.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Seems like some people are starting to understand what the car is actually about?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I suppose its harder not to get it as you come to find you don't NEED 200+hp to daily drive to work and back. You don't NEED a pickup truck 99% of the time, and other such things.

Good review. Thanks for posting it.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Thanks for finding that, fatcat!

Merged into the existing thread about that review series.

Aaron Gold knows how to review a cheap car. I agree with most of what he says except "That said, three cylinder engines are inherently unlikeable."

I LOVED the Mirage's engine: loved the sound, loved the feel & power was more than adequate for me. Though I drove the manual, and it doesn't vibrate at idle like the CVT does, and it doesn't sit howling away at its power peak when you floor the gas.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    "The front-end structure is bolted on, not welded". I'm not sure how much of the structure that means.

http://www.autoguide.com/manufacture...view-3502.html
    that's like my yaris. it's a so easy to get at everything.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    The bolted on front consists of the fenders, the bumper, almost all of what is behind the bumper, except for what you see to the left and right of the motor/gearbox assembly, when looking under the hood. The hood it bolted on too.

I've had mine for half a year now, and close to 10 000km on it.
    I use it to get to the office (half an hour's drive), for shopping, and for going on assignment. Frequently assigment means driving an entire day from southern Germany to the Alps or to Scandinavia. This car (1.0L MT) is just right for that, except for the "sticky" steering. It needs force to make the steering wheel move, and then it jolts to whatever position it comes to, then needs to be forced to move again, jolts to a new position, etc etc. As we know by now, it is the power steeering that hinders the initial steering wheel movement. A pity, because otherwise the Mirage is perfect.
    Foama

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    so many people have complained about the steering. for some, it's their only complaint about the entire car. i hope that mitsubishi pays attention to that and makes a design modification for future models.