Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: US: About.com doing a long-term Mirage test - top spec CVT

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    so many people have complained about the steering. for some, it's their only complaint about the entire car. i hope that mitsubishi pays attention to that and makes a design modification for future models.
    I fully agree. I don't like it either. For model 2015 Mitsubishi didn't improve the response nore (in)directiveness.

Mitsubishi Space Star Bright 2015

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I still don't have problem with it. I had Nissan Pixo as a rent car while my Mirage's being serviced. Now THAT steering I hate. It's worse than our Mirage. Ppl, there are worse out there, just enjoy our little wonders.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    i'm doing a test drive tomorrow, and i'll be paying close attention to the steering. even if i don't mind it, i plan on complaining heavily about it to the dealer

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    so many people have complained about the steering. for some, it's their only complaint about the entire car. i hope that mitsubishi pays attention to that and makes a design modification for future models.
    I can't complain about the steering in the Mirage. But I think part of my issue in life is my brand new Mirage is the first car I've had with less than 100,000 miles. Those who complain about the steering in this little car need to take my 1995 Grand Cherokee around the block, or better yet, the 1989 Silverado I used to have.

In addition, I spend more time driving a forklift than most people, and to me the Mirage steers like a forklift that is about 8,000 pounds lighter - this isn't an insult. It has a very positive feel but wanders a bit in the center. It's what I'm used to, and for me it works very well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinker1980 For This Useful Post:

debburyl (01-28-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I feel the exactly the same! My past cars all had terrible steering, my 1991 Cherokee you can pick up the gm signaw column and move it 2 inches with the amount of play it has, I also put in about 16 to 20 hours a week on a crown high lift forklift and I've got at least 2,000 hours on one and they do not "self center" which is what I am used to. I see no flaws in the mirage steering, it's silky smooth and sharp. The tires do not provide much grip in hard corners and there is a bit of body roll but that's only because the mirage was designed for mpg, which is why I bought it

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    The tires do not provide much grip in hard corners and there is a bit of body roll but that's only because the mirage was designed for mpg, which is why I bought it
    Replace your tires in case you got the Dunlop one. I had the Yokohama and now using Toyo ... great grip! Body roll has prevented a sharper and faster turn but otherwise the tires are great!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
    I can't complain about the steering in the Mirage. But I think part of my issue in life is my brand new Mirage is the first car I've had with less than 100,000 miles. Those who complain about the steering in this little car need to take my 1995 Grand Cherokee around the block, or better yet, the 1989 Silverado I used to have.

In addition, I spend more time driving a forklift than most people, and to me the Mirage steers like a forklift that is about 8,000 pounds lighter - this isn't an insult. It has a very positive feel but wanders a bit in the center. It's what I'm used to, and for me it works very well.
    I had driven a forklift before ... although it does feels similar ... it's not hard to drive. I had, like u do, an old all terrain vehicle, Daihatsu Taft from 1982. Now that is hard to drive, turn the steering wheel 5 cm to the left and right and the wheel hasn't moved at all, pump the brake in order to even activate the brake and the steering wheel will pull hard to the left (left hand driving there in Indonesia). You survive driving that **** (like I did) and you can drive anything, feels comfortable in anything ....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Tinker I fully agree with your post!!! The mirage is a great car!!! You just have to learn how to drive the mirage! It's one of a kind. It's like anything else each car has its Pro,a& Cons. It seems too many people focus on negatives and slam the car! And they forget WHAT the car was designed to do in the Frist place!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think ones for get this is a Small car. You can't conpair it to a larger car and think they will be the same. I'm sure Mitsubishi is striving to improve Thir cars from the feedback we give.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)