Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 CVT repaired with 271k

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2015 CVT repaired with 271k

I posted on here back in March, couldnÂ’t find the original thread so I started a new one.

Have a 2015 mirage with now 272k miles on the odometer. Engine has been flawless and doesnÂ’t leak or smoke, the cvt had been surging for around 90k miles but nevertheless kept up on fluid changes to ensure its longevity. At 271978 miles for the first time ever it broke down with a flashing D accompanied with a check engine light as I have been expecting for years, however with my handy dandy 10mm I was able to disconnect the negative battery terminal for a few minutes and it worked I made it home. Ended up purchasing a totaled 2019 back in march with only 23k good engine good trans, was originally going to swap the trans because I thought it was bad but after learning from Fummins that a lot of cvt issues can be solved by changing the valve body I decided to give it a go. Yesterday I finally had enough time to get to it after the pan gasket and filter arrived to my local dealer. Removed and replaced the valve body with the one from the 2019 it was really easy it took about a hour and a half start to finish, the results were amazing it drives like a new car again!!! ItÂ’s astonishing how reliable these cars really im extremely grateful for the advice I was given and I will continue to keep this car on the road as long as can with its original equipment.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ddmrcsen22 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-08-2023),Mark (05-08-2023),mohammad (05-08-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddmrcsen22 View Post
    I posted on here back in March, couldnÂ’t find the original thread so I started a new one.

Have a 2015 mirage with now 272k miles on the odometer. Engine has been flawless and doesnÂ’t leak or smoke, the cvt had been surging for around 90k miles but nevertheless kept up on fluid changes to ensure its longevity. At 271978 miles for the first time ever it broke down with a flashing D accompanied with a check engine light as I have been expecting for years, however with my handy dandy 10mm I was able to disconnect the negative battery terminal for a few minutes and it worked I made it home. Ended up purchasing a totaled 2019 back in march with only 23k good engine good trans, was originally going to swap the trans because I thought it was bad but after learning from Fummins that a lot of cvt issues can be solved by changing the valve body I decided to give it a go. Yesterday I finally had enough time to get to it after the pan gasket and filter arrived to my local dealer. Removed and replaced the valve body with the one from the 2019 it was really easy it took about a hour and a half start to finish, the results were amazing it drives like a new car again!!! ItÂ’s astonishing how reliable these cars really im extremely grateful for the advice I was given and I will continue to keep this car on the road as long as can with its original equipment.
    That's pretty amazing!

I realize you used a part from your 2019, but how much is a valve body for Mirage CVT?

If I am looking at the right item, it's under $120 in parts on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Mitsu.../dp/B083QS8FWH

Where's Dirk? This story should give him piece of mind!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-08-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Mark your link is only for the pan filter. It does not include the valve body as highlighted in the photo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-08-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Mark your link is only for the pan filter. It does not include the valve body as highlighted in the photo
    That's funny! I thought that seemed cheap!

So what does a Mirage valve body cost?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Found it for ya Mark, only $1218 CAD: https://www.nengun.com/oem/mitsubishi/2800a142
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Mark (05-09-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That's pretty amazing!

I realize you used a part from your 2019, but how much is a valve body for Mirage CVT?

If I am looking at the right item, it's under $120 in parts on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Mitsu.../dp/B083QS8FWH

Where's Dirk? This story should give him piece of mind!
    Honestly just working with what I have so I can not spend as much money it’s a work car with a reconstructed title I keep money spending to a minimum besides the maintenance.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I stopped changing my engine oil last year to save money.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    I stopped changing my engine oil last year to save money.
    Good luck with that!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (05-09-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just wanted to post an update, at 275k miles and everything is going extremely well. In fact it’s almost like brand new compared to before.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ddmrcsen22 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-26-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Real smart. And good for you! Spend your money on more important things!

I suggest investing in liquor and hookers. Blow whatever is left on whatever.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)