Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 CVT repaired with 271k

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    What's the best way to convince a trans shop to try a valve body replacement 1st instead of just pushing "you need a new or used CVT" ?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Slip someone a hundred dollar bill...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

BigMW (05-26-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    What's the best way to convince a trans shop to try a valve body replacement 1st instead of just pushing "you need a new or used CVT" ?
    Hard to say. You need a new or used cvt=we'll replace the valve body and say it's a rebuilt transmission lol I'd like to think there's some shops out there that have access to the internet and updated procedures. Though some might not want to waste time diagnosing and trying random parts when it might just make more sense to replace every possible part that could have failed all at once to avoid having a pissed off customer come back with the same problem a week down the road. It's easier when you do it yourself and labor cost's nothing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Hard to say. You need a new or used cvt=we'll replace the valve body and say it's a rebuilt transmission lol I'd like to think there's some shops out there that have access to the internet and updated procedures. Though some might not want to waste time diagnosing and trying random parts when it might just make more sense to replace every possible part that could have failed all at once to avoid having a pissed off customer come back with the same problem a week down the road. It's easier when you do it yourself and labor cost's nothing.
    That sucks. It's a big reason why I only go to private mechanics that I have a good, established relationship with.