Thread: CVT Oil Filter

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks

Exclamation CVT Oil Filter

Hi, so i have recently bought a mirage and wanted to flush the CVT fluid and put new back in.

So i was going to change the oil filter as well and i went ahead and watched a few videos to see where the filter is located and all.

To my surprise, once i got the shields removed, mine looks a little different to what i saw in those videos. There is an electronic part in front of the cylinder which holds the filter. I was hoping if someone could shed some light on this.

BTW, i know its very dirty. This is the first time i have opened these shields to look inside. I am going to get this cleaned up.

Pictures attached for reference.Name:  7756cd16-f4a3-4ba6-b13f-60fd9fbca9bb.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  98.3 KB Mine

The one in video Name:  WhatsApp Image 2023-05-13 at 5.13.38 PM.jpeg
Views: 290
Size:  65.0 KB

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It looks like the pump that keeps the fluid circulating when the car is in the "auto-stop-&-go" mode. Does your car shut off @ stops & re-start when you get ready to move again??? If so, some one on here shows what you have. I think there are 3 or 4 "O" rings that seal it to the transmission...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

mohammad (05-13-2023)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Hi, yes my car has the eco idle mode so whenever i come to full stop it automatically shuts the engine and when i lift the foot off the break pedal it starts automatically.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The big electronic thing you are asking about is an electric pump that keeps the cvt oil moving when the engine is off. This keeps the transmission lubricated and cooled allowing for a quick start.I do not beleive the electronic part "holds the filter" as you describe. But the pump does need to be removed to access the filter. There is a thread somewhere on this form that has a photo showing which bolts need to be removed to remove the pump.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Thanks alot, I'll look for that thread.

I did a quick search but couldn’t find it. Iirc the two bolts on the top that face down were removed. Attachment 25203

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    In case you are still searching for the thread mentioned above. You can find it here: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...Filter-Housing

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bnas For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-15-2023),mohammad (05-16-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by bnas View Post
    In case you are still searching for the thread mentioned above. You can find it here: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...Filter-Housing
    Whoops, looks like there's 3 bolts not 2.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)