Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All Good Things

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I'm Filipino so double/triple bypass is normal for us around 45-50. I've started letting my wife know that's about our life span so she needs to be ready. Wishing you good health on the road ahead - but there's probably lots you need to do as well to ensure that.

Congratulations on the Leaf. If the wife and I aren't planning a kid, I probably would have gotten an electric sedan/hatch instead of the Passport. Here's to hoping my next car is battery powered! Cheers.
    Thanks, yeah, I'm not Filipino but also have a strong genetic influence toward heart disease in my family as well. My dad had 2 open heart surgeries, 2 of his siblings, 3 of mine! I'm sure my love of the cheeseburger didn't help, but making those changes now, but it does tend to put you in touch with the fact that none of us live forever!

Enough of that! The LEAF is pretty cool and has taken some getting used to. The Bolt and LEAF fit my budget, but the seats in the Bolt were just not comfortable for me. And the LEAF is pretty tried and tested, not unlike the Mirage, so that made my decision. Chevy Bolt did have its pluses, too, though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-15-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    AP - I'm glad you had your bypass surgery when you did, and that it came out well. Good luck with any vehicle you purchase, or have purchased!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    AP - I'm glad you had your bypass surgery when you did, and that it came out well. Good luck with any vehicle you purchase, or have purchased!
    Thanks! Definitely enjoying each day with more appreciation. Here's a pic of the new ride. Had 2000 miles on the odometer when I bought it. Previous owner bought it and drove it for 4 months until their Highlander Hybrid they ordered came in, then traded it in. People with money think different than I do, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-16-2023),Fummins (05-15-2023),mohammad (05-16-2023)

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (05-15-2023),mohammad (05-16-2023),Top_Fuel (05-16-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    At my work place, we play with some electric cars. We have our own charging stations. For research and for plain ole lectric vehicle charging. The few owners that have an electric vehicle, I think they can charge up here for free (I believe). So you always see the same cars with the cord dangling from some various location, all day long. The other day I ran to my Blueberry because it was raining. I got in and then saw an electric vehicle owner fumbling with the charge cord in the rain, it was coming down pretty good. The removal and cord hanging didn't seem to go all that smooth. They got pretty wet, not soaked.

I wonder if, always plugging the sucker in, and always disconnecting the sucker gets old? I don't know. I would imagine it does, but I'd have to own one to know. Also, my fleet varies where parked. Not every day, we have strategies and stick to them based on who's at home, and when they leave, etc. So, it would be difficult to put the lectric vehicle in the correct spot every time.

In the future, when I live in a shoebox and (probably) only have one vehicle (for me), I might try an electric. But that's going to be a few years at minimum. Or when my current vehicles get crashed up. My vehicles generally don't wear out, I take good care of them. They do get crashed up a bit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks! 6 years on this site and I still can't post a pic correctly!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Thanks! 6 years on this site and I still can't post a pic correctly!
    That just makes the rest of us that also don't get the pics right just feel better about it!

I like buying slightly used cars, but that's a barely used car!

I almost said that's not even one oil change, but then I caught myself!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I wonder if, always plugging the sucker in, and always disconnecting the sucker gets old? I don't know. I would imagine it does, but I'd have to own one to know.
    I don't know about plugging in an electric vehicle all the time, but I know ,here in the Ottawa Valley, plugging the Block Heater in every night in the winter gets really old quick
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    I don't know about plugging in an electric vehicle all the time, but I know ,here in the Ottawa Valley, plugging the Block Heater in every night in the winter gets really old quick
    I don't know anything about the Leaf, but a couple of my friends got new Bolts recently.

If you want the car to charge in a respectable time frame, it requires a 220 volt outlet.

According to what one of them shared with me yesterday, 110 volts takes a very long time (he mentioned 4 miles/hour of charge). If they went to visit their in-laws a couple hours away, the car would have to be plugged in most of the weekend, and even then he doesn't think he would make it home without a 220 volt charge.

His dad owns several apartment buildings, and they were discussing 220 volt installation costs for some of their units that have inside parking. At some point, they know someone will be requesting it soon!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I wonder if, always plugging the sucker in, and always disconnecting the sucker gets old? I don't know. I would imagine it does, but I'd have to own one to know.
    People only do this because electricity is probably free where you work. Most people only ever charge at home and not at work (unless your EV range is junk). Ideally you would have an enclosed/underground garage to park in so rain while plugging in the charger wouldn't be an issue. also the connector can potentially freeze to the car in the winter no?

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos