Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All Good Things

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Congrats on the new car and hopefully better health! Don't be a stranger. Start a garage entry and say it identifies as a Mirage...

I've been looking into getting an ev as my next vehicle as well. Not to save money(cause it won't for me) but to try something different that's quicker and more comfortable. And I'd rather not buy something that's gonna cost more to drive than the Mirage after being used to paying under $100/month for fuel.

It seems like there is a growing number of Mirage owners moving on to ev's.
    Well to buck that trend I'll need to buy a pair of old skool 426 Hemis, one in the Daytona body and the other in the Superbird style. They might be a tad more expensive than most EV.s They will haul ass over 200mph on Dega or Daytona. Have fun with yer new fangled EV. I did read the kids in the Congo mining Lithium under slave conditions would prefer if you ran a ICE engined car.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    At my work place, we play with some electric cars. We have our own charging stations. For research and for plain ole lectric vehicle charging. The few owners that have an electric vehicle, I think they can charge up here for free (I believe). So you always see the same cars with the cord dangling from some various location, all day long. The other day I ran to my Blueberry because it was raining. I got in and then saw an electric vehicle owner fumbling with the charge cord in the rain, it was coming down pretty good. The removal and cord hanging didn't seem to go all that smooth. They got pretty wet, not soaked.

I wonder if, always plugging the sucker in, and always disconnecting the sucker gets old? I don't know. I would imagine it does, but I'd have to own one to know. Also, my fleet varies where parked. Not every day, we have strategies and stick to them based on who's at home, and when they leave, etc. So, it would be difficult to put the lectric vehicle in the correct spot every time.

In the future, when I live in a shoebox and (probably) only have one vehicle (for me), I might try an electric. But that's going to be a few years at minimum. Or when my current vehicles get crashed up. My vehicles generally don't wear out, I take good care of them. They do get crashed up a bit.
    I only have to plug in at home on a 220 level 2 charge every 3rd day for 4 hours while I sleep. I have no capacity to charge at work, so made sure I had enough range to do mostly at home.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Well to buck that trend I'll need to buy a pair of old skool 426 Hemis, one in the Daytona body and the other in the Superbird style. They might be a tad more expensive than most EV.s They will haul ass over 200mph on Dega or Daytona. Have fun with yer new fangled EV. I did read the kids in the Congo mining Lithium under slave conditions would prefer if you ran a ICE engined car.
    We rented a Challenger GT for a week on vacation in Florida. Very nice acceleration, not the most comfortable ride and no backseat room. But was fun for a week. Wouldn't want it year-round as my daily driver, though. As far as the Congo, apparently my ICE car was destroying the rain forest...I guess the powers pushing ev decided its OK now. Also, lithium is on its way out as the race to solid state batteries continues.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-16-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Solid state batteries must be made out of windmills and solar panels. I guess.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (05-16-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Nooooooooooooooo! Don't leave Atomic! What are you meshugana? This is your family. Nissan Leafers won't love ya like we do. They're too busy being smug and smelling their own facts from a wine glass. Lol I kid. I didn't know about the heart issues. Thank Buddha you made it! Don't be a stranger and be an advocate for Mitsubishi over there, Toyota, Honda, Mazda, and Subaru need more competition otherwise we'll keep seeing Toyota asking $30k for a base Corolla lol. Cheers amigo!

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

That's it, I'm buying a Kona Ev that'll surely bunch of some panties.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That's it, I'm buying a Kona Ev that'll surely bunch of some panties.
    We don't care what you drive as long as you keep working on Mirages at work!

On a more serious note, would a Leaf or Bolt do what the Mirage does for the company you work for? Would the range be adequate or do your drivers put too many miles on the car in one day? At the end of the day, do all the cars come back to your work place or do some guys take the cars home?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    We don't care what you drive as long as you keep working on Mirages at work!

On a more serious note, would a Leaf or Bolt do what the Mirage does for the company you work for? Would the range be adequate or do your drivers put too many miles on the car in one day? At the end of the day, do all the cars come back to your work place or do some guys take the cars home?
    I mentioned to the company that it might be worth looking into...But like having the rear O2 sensors deleted by a tuner after not replacing stolen cats, it didn't happen until some random stranger suggested it...I just live here.

All of the vehicles are returned to home base each night, the majority put on roughly 300km a day(72,000km/44700miles a year). A Bolt with a rated 400km range would probably work just fine for a good chunk of the fleet. If the range doesn't drop too much in the cold...
    Little vans are more desirable/useful but nobody sells them anymore. Nissan canceled the nv200, Ford killed the Transit Connect, Dodge is killing off the Promaster city, and Chev stopped selling the rebadged nv200 as the city express years ago.

I think it'd be neat to see a cost of ownership for a Mirage at 300,000km compared to a Leaf, Bolt and Model 3. Factoring in purchase price, fuel, power to charge, oil changes etc...
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Solid state batteries must be made out of windmills and solar panels. I guess.
    I know the enginerd in you will appreciate this article. I'm not 100% sold on EV yet, thus me buying the cheapest one available. But the tech/engineering is intriguing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...brid-2028/amp/