Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: All Good Things

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Nooooooooooooooo! Don't leave Atomic! What are you meshugana? This is your family. Nissan Leafers won't love ya like we do. They're too busy being smug and smelling their own facts from a wine glass. Lol I kid. I didn't know about the heart issues. Thank Buddha you made it! Don't be a stranger and be an advocate for Mitsubishi over there, Toyota, Honda, Mazda, and Subaru need more competition otherwise we'll keep seeing Toyota asking $30k for a base Corolla lol. Cheers amigo!
    They do seem a bit drier on the LEAF forum, but are just as passionate about their cars, for alot of the same reasons folks are on here. I'll check in from time to time, see what's new. I seriously miss driving the g4, weird as it sounds. Went thru alot together. She got me to monoclonal antibodies when I was weak and fevered and an O2 sat of 91% during covid 2021. Barely remember how I got there and back.
    If/when Mitsubishi gets their full electric going, I'll be back! Maybe even if they bring the Colt over here.
    BTW, I test drove an Outlander and just didn't like the transmission/ride.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    I know the enginerd in you will appreciate this article. I'm not 100% sold on EV yet, thus me buying the cheapest one available. But the tech/engineering is intriguing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...brid-2028/amp/
    So ... they're going to build Chevy Volts, huh? I been saying for a hunert years that the Volt was the best electric / hybrid (whatever you want to call it) concept built yet. I still think the Volt is better (not the car shape itself, but the drivetrain) than anything else that's been created. I would have a Volt if it were nearly the same cost as a Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nooooooooooooooo! Don't leave Atomic! What are you meshugana? This is your family. Nissan Leafers won't love ya like we do. They're too busy being smug and smelling their own facts from a wine glass. Lol I kid. I didn't know about the heart issues. Thank Buddha you made it! Don't be a stranger and be an advocate for Mitsubishi over there, Toyota, Honda, Mazda, and Subaru need more competition otherwise we'll keep seeing Toyota asking $30k for a base Corolla lol. Cheers amigo!
    $30k Corolla or any compact sedan is the reason why I wrote that off entirely and opt for the G4 CVT. $10k difference right there for basic mode of transportation!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle88 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-17-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    They do seem a bit drier on the LEAF forum, but are just as passionate about their cars, for alot of the same reasons folks are on here. I'll check in from time to time, see what's new. I seriously miss driving the g4, weird as it sounds. Went thru alot together. She got me to monoclonal antibodies when I was weak and fevered and an O2 sat of 91% during covid 2021. Barely remember how I got there and back.
    If/when Mitsubishi gets their full electric going, I'll be back! Maybe even if they bring the Colt over here.
    91%! You must be the bionic man or something lol. Are all your values looking good now? No deep fatigue other than the usual? Circulation feel good?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    $30k Corolla or any compact sedan is the reason why I wrote that off entirely and opt for the G4 CVT. $10k difference right there for basic mode of transportation!!
    Yeah Toyota still doesn't get most 30 year olds have no where near the purchasing power their parents did at the same age.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    The PHEV?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Checking Corolla inventory near me -

One dealership has one Corolla incoming, & it's priced @ $23,513.

Another dealership has six listed (some may have a sale pending or they are in transit). They are listed @ $25,503 ($2,000 dealer crap added), $22,774, $22,904, $23,254, $23,532, & $24,894 ($2,000 dealer crap added).

2023 G4 is about $19,000+ @ WB.

1.2L/78 hp vs 2.0L/169 hp - If lived in an area that required frequent freeway driving & lots of A/C use, I know which one I would buy!

I agree $30,000 for a Corolla would be nuts!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (05-17-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Another dealership has six listed (some may have a sale pending or they are in transit). They are listed @ $25,503 ($2,000 dealer crap added), $22,774, $22,904, $23,254, $23,532, & $24,894 ($2,000 dealer crap added).

1.2L/78 hp vs 2.0L/169 hp - If lived in an area that required frequent freeway driving & lots of A/C use, I know which one I would buy!

Interesting. You got me curious there. I ran some numbers from the DMV to see how much would I be paying for the Corolla and it would be $27 OTD.

Compare to G4 CVT it would be a whole lot less. The Corolla is just much $ for a small upgrade.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Go on the Reddit /askcarsalesguys, they're talking total price including dealer fees, tax, tag, & title. They're not even budging on $700 "doc fees" anymore because they hold all the cards. I guarantee those numbers you listed are no where near the total price for a new base Corolla. One salesman was bragging he closed on a $33k Corolla that wasn't he the top trim. Toyota is going to get caught with its pants down sooner or later when it runs out of customers that can't afford a $45k Rav4 hybrid.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Go on the Reddit /askcarsalesguys, they're talking total price including dealer fees, tax, tag, & title. They're not even budging on $700 "doc fees" anymore because they hold all the cards. I guarantee those numbers you listed are no where near the total price for a new base Corolla. One salesman was bragging he closed on a $33k Corolla that wasn't he the top trim. Toyota is going to get caught with its pants down sooner or later when it runs out of customers that can't afford a $45k Rav4 hybrid.
    If I was in the market for a car, I would get the OTD price. I listed the advertised price for both. I would be the first to tell anyone to get OTD price before even setting foot in a dealership. They all add fees, & that includes the Mirage. I don't think the bottom line difference between the two would change much. Rattling off one example of an overpriced one doesn't mean they are all that way. Some people are NOT very smart when it comes to car shopping, and those individuals would be taken advantage of by any dealership brand.

If I was in the market for a sedan, there would be plenty of low mileage used Corolla cars for under $20,000 (97 examples under 60,000 miles within a 500 mile radius on cars.com today). Obviously the newer, lowest mileage ones are closer to $20,000.

There's nothing wrong with a $20,000 G4 making someone happy, too. A full price Mirage/G4, however, wouldn't make me overlook the used market.

If I drove the eastern part of Wisconsin (between Milwaukee to Green Bay) often, I would feel safer in a Corolla. The speeds are much higher there, and the amount of traffic is much greater. I go through those areas at times, but it's not a daily drive for me.

Pryme moved to the area I am talking about, and he sold both of his 2017 Mirage SE manuals (the one year those were offered), & he replaced one of them with a Corolla. His needs changed, & I get that!

If a $30,000 Corolla justifies buying a $20,000 Mirage, so be it. If I am spending $20,000 for a sedan, a low mileage Corollas would be within my radar, too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-17-2023)