Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need suggestions for best price on ordering J4 tran oil , filter cartridge and o-ring

For sure. I haven't used an aftermarket one myself. The one or two I did slice were replaced with used ones or from the stealer. The pan gasket can often be re-used at least once but they don't like to seal on the third go around.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    For sure. I haven't used an aftermarket one myself. The one or two I did slice were replaced with used ones or from the stealer. The pan gasket can often be re-used at least once but they don't like to seal on the third go around.
    makes sense... I'm only planning to drain/fill and replace the paper cartridge this go around...
    when I called aamco, for $250, I was told that is all they do. no cleaning of pan or anything .. this was the one in panama city, fl

Were you gonna do it yourself then? It'd only take maybe 3qts of fluid, tops. Hardest part(which isn't hard, just a little time-consuming) is getting all the clips off to remove the inner fender so it's easier to access the cartridge filter. The entire thing doesn't have to come off just the lower front clips and a bunch along the fender. You can leave the rear clips in place and bend the inner out of the way.

But sometimes it's easier to just pay someone to do it, if it leaks then it's on them lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Were you gonna do it yourself then? It'd only take maybe 3qts of fluid, tops. Hardest part(which isn't hard, just a little time-consuming) is getting all the clips off to remove the inner fender so it's easier to access the cartridge filter. The entire thing doesn't have to come off just the lower front clips and a bunch along the fender. You can leave the rear clips in place and bend the inner out of the way.

But sometimes it's easier to just pay someone to do it, if it leaks then it's on them lol.
    yea, I'm pretty mechanically inclined, especially armed with youtube videos ! lol doesn't look too difficult... I've fixed lots of things and saved loads of money.. going to try this pump to remove fluid instead of draining from bottom. I think it will work fine....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gardengurl71 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-17-2023)