Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: need suggestions for best price on ordering J4 tran oil , filter cartridge and o-ring

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Location
    Alabama
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts

    need suggestions for best price on ordering J4 tran oil , filter cartridge and o-ring

    does anyone have current website suggestions for the best pricing on these parts? thanks !



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Toronto
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,062
    Thanks
    1,605
    Thanked 260 Times in 211 Posts
    i got the filters from rock auto, the fluid, o-ring and drain plug crush washer from the dealer and the pan gasket from partsouq
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Location
    Alabama
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    i got the filters from rock auto, the fluid, o-ring and drain plug crush washer from the dealer and the pan gasket from partsouq
    hey thanks, I don't have a dealer near me.....

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Atlanta Metro
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3,951
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 1,134 Posts
    You don't have anything near you, in L.A....

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Location
    Alabama
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    You don't have anything near you, in L.A....
    haha, not less than 1.5 hours away...

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Location
    Alabama
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    does anyone know if this will work?
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5R53WSD...v_ov_lig_dp_it

  7. #7
    Here’s what I used in mine Attachment 25216 And it looks like the part number I used has been replaced by the 31726-3JX0A So I'd say that one on amazon should work and it looks like it comes with the o-ring too. Be careful re-installing the housing for the cartridge filter, they can pop out and tear easily. Some after market o-rings may not fit as well as the oem one too according to some.
    Last edited by Fummins; 05-17-2023 at 04:29 PM.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

    inuvik (05-17-2023)

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Location
    Alabama
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Here’s what I used in mine Attachment 25216 And it looks like the part number I used has been replaced by the 31726-3JX0A So I'd say that one on amazon should work and it looks like it comes with the o-ring too. Be careful re-installing the housing for the cartridge filter, they can pop out and tear easily. Some after market o-rings may not fit as well as the oem one too according to some.
    hey, thanks so much for the information !

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Atlanta Metro
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3,951
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 1,134 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Some after market o-rings may not fit as well as the oem one too according to some.
    In such a case (bad fit), I might be tempted to reuse the original o-ring. It would likely still be healthy if it had been exposed to healthy trans fluid. I might have done such a thing before. Maybe.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)


  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Location
    Alabama
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    In such a case (bad fit), I might be tempted to reuse the original o-ring. It would likely still be healthy if it had been exposed to healthy trans fluid. I might have done such a thing before. Maybe.
    and I would do the same !



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •