Thread: Warranty Engine replacement on a 2014 w/89,000kms

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Warranty Engine replacement on a 2014 w/89,000kms

I really want to know the story behind this car.

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/mitsubis...%203M5&sprx=-1

Why, is a 2014, getting a new engine? It it one with the piston slap issue? I wonder.
    So it's a 9 year old car, aged as 10 years, with low miles.

I really doubt there's another brand of car on AutoTrader with a new warranty engine. Cripes, as if Ford doesn't have enough problems with the dual clutch transmission joke their Explorer and Flex cars with certain engines are almost guaranteed to grenade once the seals degrade requiring $4,000+ to fix.

As usual Ford doesn't stand behind the junk they make and the consumer has to start a class action suit to get their garbage cars fixed. Ford is done like dinner the moment consumers decide paying $85,000+ for a gussied up pickup is a really stupid thing to do. I wonder if Ford thinks the $50,000 Ranger will save them when the F150 market implodes.

Anyhow, hats off to Mitsubishi. What an amazing company to do this for a customer.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

I had a brand new engine put into my previous 2014 Mirage. I can't remember the mileage on it but it had maybe 40-50k kms on it. Had piston slap/rod knock when I bought it with 36k km(I was the third owner), drove it for a year like that. Bought current car, didn't want to sell other one knocking...Drove it to dealer, said it uses oil(it didn't), and it's noisy. They tossed a new engine at it, no questions asked, didn't ask for oil changes or anything and I sold the car. Aries K-car Karl had a few engines replaced in Mirages too under warranty/recall that he bought used.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    As usual Ford doesn't stand behind the junk they make and the consumer has to start a class action suit to get their garbage cars fixed. Ford is done like dinner the moment consumers decide paying $85,000+ for a gussied up pickup is a really stupid thing to do. I wonder if Ford thinks the $50,000 Ranger will save them when the F150 market implodes.
    There was a brand new F150 Lightning charging in my parking lot this morning. I don't understand people. That turd is such a dissapointment. How could they not know? How much do those mistakes cost? I saw a video that a guy made where he was going to test the "cost" of the energy required for a new F150 Lightning versus the cost of fuel, for what I think I remember was a Dodge Ram I think gasser, towing a car from point A to point B.

It went something like this. He left his house with the Ram and an unloaded open car hauling trailer, and drove about 90 miles to pick up some antique car. I think he then brought it all back to his house. At his house he had a fully charged Lightning. He then hooked up the Lightning to the trailer with the antique car and tried to tow it back to the place it had came from. From my memory, the truck said it had like 220 miles range when he left. 90 miles later he arrived with about 20 miles range left. And could only go about 10 miles back before he had to search for a charging station, and sit and wait on it to charge. He said he didn't care about the cost difference in the end. It went something like that. My old school Cummins Ram would pull that car and trailer and probably get 15 mpg doing it. Probably 17 mpg with the empty trailer. What crap we have available these days...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I really want to know the story behind this car.

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/mitsubis...%203M5&sprx=-1

Why, is a 2014, getting a new engine? It it one with the piston slap issue? I wonder.
    So it's a 9 year old car, aged as 10 years, with low miles.

I really doubt there's another brand of car on AutoTrader with a new warranty engine. Cripes, as if Ford doesn't have enough problems with the dual clutch transmission joke their Explorer and Flex cars with certain engines are almost guaranteed to grenade once the seals degrade requiring $4,000+ to fix.

Anyhow, hats off to Mitsubishi. What an amazing company to do this for a customer.
    If electric vehicles are so wonderful, why does the government have to give people $7,500 tax credits to buy them?

Ford options are a Mustang Mach-E (starting @ $40,000) & the F-150 Lightning (starting @$60,000).

Ford continues to drop their more affordable vehicles. They offer no cars, and their most affordable SUV (Ecosport) has been recently dropped, too! An entry level vehicle for Ford would be the Bronco Sport.

I think Ford is a poorly led company.

I just fell down a google rabbit hole... https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a4...r-weeks-video/ Ford uses batteries from this SK company. https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/bat...awsuit-with-lg Hard to believe corners get cut...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    I don't like it when a corporation "threatens" to do anything. GA is my state. But if I were the governor and they "threatened" to pack up ship and go home if they didn't get what they want (political backing it seems), I'd just let them go. Now, I don't know the specifics. If I did, maybe I'd change my mind in this case. But on the surface of it, it rubs me wrong. Especially it being a Korean company. I know them well having worked for H-K for a long time. They have a mentality of which I shall not describe (it's not flattering). And now that we have appeased them, they're likely to keep throwing a tantrum in the future to get what they want.

Just rubs me wrong.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)