Thread: Any cheaper alternative to MZ590889EX?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Any cheaper alternative to MZ590889EX?

I want to make the interior dome light a bit brighter so I went to look for one online and found MZ590889EX as an accessory part number except it charges $20+ plus $10+ shipping. Not a good price.

Does anyone knows any alternative or cheaper variant that won’t cause electrical issue down the road?

Thanks in advance

Take the bulb out, get the model off it then hit up google or amazon. I jammed the wrong style bulb in my car a few years ago. Being led it'll only work when installed one way( diode power only flows one direction).

Assuming they didn't change the dome light bulb since 2020, this should work. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...=11732&jsn=399

Using a non-oem dome light bulb or different part number won't mess anything up. You may find the keyless entry doesn't work as well when trying to lock the car though. Some led bulbs put out some weird interferance that can mess with some rf signals. When I tried led and those spiral fluorescent lights in my garage door opener, the remote wouldn't work when the light was on...
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-01-2023 at 07:49 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you. I’ll give it a try.