Thread: Rack end bushing

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Rack end bushing

Hi All.

I checked the rack end and tire rod seems to be tight. i even tried shaking the tires left to right and doesnt hear hany sound.

When i removed the wheel on the driver side and tried to shake the tire rod, i can feel from the rod the something inside is knocking or loose.

Ive been hearing a knock or thumping sound on uneven road for a few mins then goes off after a few mins of driving.

Im not sure if this ia the same as mine or if this is the fix. Has anyone encountered this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    Hi All.

I checked the rack end and tire rod seems to be tight. i even tried shaking the tires left to right and doesnt hear hany sound.

When i removed the wheel on the driver side and tried to shake the tire rod, i can feel from the rod the something inside is knocking or loose.

Ive been hearing a knock or thumping sound on uneven road for a few mins then goes off after a few mins of driving.

Im not sure if this ia the same as mine or if this is the fix. Has anyone encountered this?
    I saw that video a while back. I've never noticed play in that bushing but have had a couple inner tie rods wear out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)