Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TFL Car - Rio vs Mirage

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    They always forget to mention a base Rio OTD will be $22k to $23k while a top trim SE Mirage OTD price is $19k on avg.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    I don't got me no opiods. There's some booze in the house that the brother-in-law brought a couple weekends ago. I ain't touched it. I don't much like alcohol. It tastes like scuzz pond water that was then used to wash a hippo's anus, then bottled. Before I feel drunk I feel pressure building in my head and my body automagically stops wanting any more alcohol, and the few times I have felt an effect, the after effect, when the effect is going away, felt worse than the good effect. Why would I pay for that. I could never be an alcoholic, it's too much torture.

As for opiods, I've taken a pill or two recovering from an injury. They were delicious.

As for the natural green stuff. I wouldn't know where to find it, never tried it. I might be too scared to. Don't even know if I could smoke it without getting too choked up. I tried to smoke one of my dad's cigarettes when I was a kid (one time only), and it tore my throat all to hell. Twas a good lesson.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Me when the wife asks if I'm "seriously drinking a beer at 8am!?" while camping
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"
    Camping is fun.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-15-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I don't got me no opiods. There's some booze in the house that the brother-in-law brought a couple weekends ago. I ain't touched it. I don't much like alcohol. It tastes like scuzz pond water that was then used to wash a hippo's anus, then bottled. Before I feel drunk I feel pressure building in my head and my body automagically stops wanting any more alcohol, and the few times I have felt an effect, the after effect, when the effect is going away, felt worse than the good effect. Why would I pay for that. I could never be an alcoholic, it's too much torture.

As for opiods, I've taken a pill or two recovering from an injury. They were delicious.

As for the natural green stuff. I wouldn't know where to find it, never tried it. I might be too scared to. Don't even know if I could smoke it without getting too choked up. I tried to smoke one of my dad's cigarettes when I was a kid (one time only), and it tore my throat all to hell. Twas a good lesson.
    That's why you just eat it, gummy bears and the like. Florida is about to legalize it so it won't be that hard to find lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I may be about to go to Florida. But only to buy something (maybe). And it's not green.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Originally Posted by Me when the wife asks if I'm "seriously drinking a beer at 8am!?" while camping
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"
    You're wife should thank God she's married to someone so logical...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Camping is fun.
    you should have answered, "no sweetie, I'm casually drinking a beer at 8am, it becomes serious at noon"
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I could never be an alcoholic, it's too much torture.

I tried to smoke one of my dad's cigarettes when I was a kid (one time only), and it tore my throat all to hell. Twas a good lesson.
    Ditto on the drinking. Yuck, unless it's scotch. Weird I know.

After cancer surgery where I was opened from throat to groin they made sure I felt no pain with fentanyl. Oh boy! I see why people make it their mistress. I see why it can take over your life. But but but all opiods are based on the poppy plant! (true) and are natural
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    This reminds me of the Mirage vs Spark conversation people were having about ten years ago. Yes, the Spark may be a bit more refined, but that refinement comes at the cost of some reliability and longevity.

Same would seem to be true with the Mirage vs Rio today. Do I think I could get the same 218,000 miles out of a Rio that I got out of my Mirage?

No.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-12-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Do I think I could get the same 218,000 miles out of a Rio that I got out of my Mirage?

No.
    Wait? Got? As in past tense? Did I miss something? Or have I just forgotten?

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)