Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Mirage Ralliart Edition (RE)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2023 Mirage Ralliart Edition (RE)

Per car dot com at the time of this thread, 1 RE is available.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/9...ff=share_other

Looked decent but the price point is well something else. This made me like rohoGames’s Mirage BE even more lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post

Looked decent but the price point is well something else. This made me like rohoGames’s Mirage BE even more lol
    Found a relevant video from WB re: RE lineup. See below and scroll to minute 8:00 for the Mirage.

https://youtu.be/Qhm9cIZRnoE

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    I don't believe it should be allowed to be a Ralliart version and be a CVT. To me, they seem I don't know, counter-intuitive or something.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-09-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

Hey defensivetackle88 - Your mailbox is full, & I can't send a reply back to you. When you get a chance to clear some emails, let me know. I will resend my message!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Hey defensivetackle88 - Your mailbox is full, & I can't send a reply back to you. When you get a chance to clear some emails, let me know. I will resend my message!
    Inbox cleared.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    This comment (copied & pasted) below is what I miss about the Mirage the most today.

Best small car!
    March 13, 2023
    By Ms Bitty from Normal, IL

"Owns this car
    Went to buy a used car for under $10,000 in 2016. Ended up with a new Mirage. It was a wonderful car. A year later bought a new one for $10,000 again for a daughter to drive to school .A year later bought a another new one for $10,000 for a daughter starting school. Loved having new cars and the gas mileage is outstanding for around town. One daughter sold her car for $10,400 after graduating. These are the best cars for the price. Still have two and when I need another for my 3rd daughter I will buy another Mirage."

My thought - Years ago, car critics should have been shouting from the mountain tops about the great value these little cars are. Instead these car snobs slammed the car. They totally missed the point of a vehicle like this.

These were $10,000 cars brand new, & very few people seemed to care at the time?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-08-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is just one guy's opinion but that one looks kinda gaudy.

Name:  Mirage_rallyfart_edition.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  51.0 KB

Gag me with a spoon....

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I don't believe it should be allowed to be a Ralliart version and be a CVT. To me, they seem I don't know, counter-intuitive or something.
    This is also a good point. Is modern Mitsubishi the car company equivalent of Spring Time for Hitler in "The Producers"? Drive the ship ashore so hard and in such a baffling way that it becomes a profitable write-off?

Mitsubishi needs to hire me to smack some sense into their marketing dept and bring them into a golden age of renewed prosperity.
    2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

That interior stitching is the exact same material and design as the one in my wife's 2022 Black Edition. They're asking 20 grand and it doesn't even come with the SE trim's proximity key or front LEDs? This is an over priced BE with tacky cheap paint schemes. What a f#cking joke! Raillart used to mean top notch performance and smoking Subaru and the other Japanese MFGs at the Dakar rally races. This car deserves to be keyed in a parking lot. Mitsubishi had a chance to do something special with all that extra engine bay space in the Raillart version.

This is weak as hell, Mitsubishi. You were founded by a literal Samurai. Your company produced the legendary Zero fighter, resurrected using slaves for deep mining operations, and conceptualized the notion of drafting Korean"comfort women" for your WWII era Imperial forces. In other words, you used to have balls Mitsubishi. For shame, I say! For shame.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Now now, Dirk.

SETTLE SETTLE Settle settle settle down. Go smoke a pound of that sweet cheeber and regain your composure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-09-2023)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    This comment (copied & pasted) below is what I miss about the Mirage the most today.

Best small car!
    March 13, 2023
    By Ms Bitty from Normal, IL

"Owns this car
    Went to buy a used car for under $10,000 in 2016. Ended up with a new Mirage. It was a wonderful car. A year later bought a new one for $10,000 again for a daughter to drive to school .A year later bought a another new one for $10,000 for a daughter starting school. Loved having new cars and the gas mileage is outstanding for around town. One daughter sold her car for $10,400 after graduating. These are the best cars for the price. Still have two and when I need another for my 3rd daughter I will buy another Mirage."

My thought - Years ago, car critics should have been shouting from the mountain tops about the great value these little cars are. Instead these car snobs slammed the car. They totally missed the point of a vehicle like this.

These were $10,000 cars brand new, & very few people seemed to care at the time?
    Nailed it on the head.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-10-2023),Mark (06-10-2023)