Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2023 Mirage Ralliart Edition (RE)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow so not even a turbo. I didn't expect AWD or better suspension but at least boost the engine.

Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,689 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Wow so not even a turbo. I didn't expect AWD or better suspension but at least boost the engine.
    The Ralliart has the exact same $18,145 MSRP as the SE. So you have to decide what features you are willing to give up by buying the Ralliart over the SE.

Since 2017, the 4-5 CVT trims levels offered each year have been within $2,000 of each other.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The Ralliart has the exact same $18,145 MSRP as the SE. So you have to decide what features you are willing to give up by buying the Ralliart over the SE.

Since 2017, the 4-5 CVT trims levels offered each year have been within $2,000 of each other.
    I didn't realize the MSRPs increased that much! Thats terrible for $19k!
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Was excited to see it... then CVT only and ZERO improvement to handling or driving characterics. BOO!
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    I didn't realize the MSRPs increased that much! Thats terrible for $19k!
    I paid $14,085 for my 2015 ES manual in December of 2014. That $14,085 in 2014 is $18,136 today. The cars aren't more expensive...our money is worth less.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-14-2023),precisionxt (07-03-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,013 Posts
    While primarily I do not agree with a turbo, it would have been fitting for a Ralliart. However, that would have required some serious engineering research (time and money) to be put into the drivetrain. Only to be done if the car were sticking around (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Was excited to see it... then CVT only and ZERO improvement to handling or driving characterics. BOO!
    Agreed. Having a CVT in a Ralliart is one thing (not a good thing in my opinion), but it's a whole level worse of an issue with me if that's the only choice. However, if they improved the driving characteristics in any way, it should be carried across the board to all trim levels in my opinion. I say this because there's no driving characteristic(s) that should be adopted to a street driven production car that would ever make it unenjoyable to drive on-road. A true off-road rally type car *might* be annoying to drive on the road (I dunno that for sure).

Ultimately, those changes that could be made to the Mirage that cost little to nothing but help it drive around a roadrace course quicker, would be good positive street drivable changes (in my opinion). A really badass racetrac setup may also be a pain driven on the street. But those changes would be expensive, and is why I limited the changes to those changes that cost little to nothing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Already sold.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Frankly, if the Ralliart version had been available, I would have absolutely chosen that one. I find the aesthetics of it really cool.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage BE 1.2 automatic: 36.5 mpg (US) ... 15.5 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 43.8 mpg (Imp)