Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Mitsubishi Colt

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Question 2024 Mitsubishi Colt

Your thoughts? Is this a replacement for Mirage?

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/r...st-216266.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A replacement for the Mirage? Definitely not.

A bad sign of things to come for Mitsubishi? Most definitely.
    2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesboro View Post
    A replacement for the Mirage? Definitely not.

A bad sign of things to come for Mitsubishi? Most definitely.
    I anticipate MORE trim level confusion and LESS color choice.

I hope Mirage sticks around for 2024 model year. All dealers say it hard to keep Mirage in stock and I question that. I suspect MM doesn’t want to make it plentiful nor marketable.

When work bought the latest 2 Mirages the dealership had 3 in stock, 2 cvt's and one 5spd. The 5 speed one was gone soon after I picked up the first car. They were trying to get work to take it off their hands for a "bargain". The lot was packed full of new Nissan Outlanders.

This is all they have in stock currently for Mirages. There are 2 other Mitsubishi dealers in town.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-11-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    Your thoughts? Is this a replacement for Mirage?

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/r...st-216266.html
    I see the Mitsubishi Colt being sold where Renault vehicles are sold. If North American starts seeing a Nissan vehicle like the Colt, then we may have that option, too.

From everything I have read or seen, Mitsubishi is at the mercy of Renault in their market area and at the mercy of Nissan in the other parts of the world.

The only glimmer of hope I see in Mitsubishi maintaining some identity is the Triton. The Triton may have some influence on the Nissan/Mitsubishi pickup duo.

If times become bad for the Alliance, Mitsubishi could be phased out. It wouldn't be much different than Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, & other GM products disappearing. Mercury has been gone for 13 years already. My 1989 Colt wagon had a Plymouth label on it. Plymouth has long been gone (22 years).

We don't create more companies these days, the smaller ones just get consumed. It's not just cars. There have been over 250 snowmobile brands over the years.

https://powersportsguide.com/brands-of-snowmobiles/

That has been reduced to four brands (Ski-Doo, Polaris, Arctic Cat, and Yamaha) for quite some time now.

When I was a little kid, my various uncles had a Sno-Prince, Ski-Daddler, & Rupp snowmobiles. My best friend in high school had a John Deere JD340 snowmobile. Various brands were everywhere in northern Wisconsin in the 1960s & 1970s. I had a Rupp minibike as a kid. You don't hear those names today.
    Last edited by Mark; 06-09-2023 at 03:37 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

detroit (06-11-2023),Dirk Diggler (06-11-2023),Fummins (06-09-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I see the Mitsubishi Colt being sold where Renault vehicles are sold. If North American starts seeing a Nissan vehicle like the Colt, then we may have that option, too.

From everything I have read or seen, Mitsubishi is at the mercy of Renault in their market area and at the mercy of Nissan in the other parts of the world.

The only glimmer of hope I see in Mitsubishi maintaining some identity is the Triton. The Triton may have some influence on the Nissan/Mitsubishi pickup duo.

If times become bad for the Alliance, Mitsubishi could be phased out. It wouldn't be much different than Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, & other GM products disappearing. Mercury has been gone for 13 years already. My 1989 Colt wagon had a Plymouth label on it. Plymouth has long been gone (22 years).

We don't create more companies these days, the smaller ones just get consumed. It's not just cars. There have been over 250 snowmobile brands over the years.

That has been reduced to four brands (Ski-Doo, Polaris, Arctic Cat, and Yamaha) for quite some time now.

When I was a little kid, my various uncles had a Sno-Prince, Ski-Daddler, & Rupp snowmobiles. My best friend in high school had a John Deere JD340 snowmobile. Various brands were everywhere in northern Wisconsin in the 1960s & 1970s. I had a Rupp minibike as a kid. You don't hear those names today.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

My ex had a '98 Mercury Cougar. I hated trying to work on that thing. The Grand Marquis is sorely missed however. I also once got drunk and punched a hole in the front quarter panel of my friend's 2002 Saturn S. That was an embarrassing trip to the pick-n-pull.

As far as brands rising and falling: this is just the natural order of things. It's a shame Mitsubishi went broke and blew all their turn of the millennium cash because they really built a badass legacy 20ish years ago. Consider also a lot of these brands built their more memorable platforms when the average person had more money to burn on things like performance cars.

Maybe they will just be a Nissan puppet here in the US which would be a real disappointment. Combine the timing of current events leaning towards phasing out the internal combustion engine with their current SUV agenda and you've got a long road to being the car equivalent of vanilla pudding.

They know people want the EVO back and a real Eclipse but I don't think it's happening boys. I hope I'm wrong so badly.
    2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Our family friend bought nothing but SnoPrice, they always broke, another relative was a Coleman freak (ya, camp stove Colman), I was a big Scorpion fan and also Chaparral. My bestie owned a JD Spitfire. I had a Rupp minibike too. You could argue there are 3 brands of sleds now as the top line Arctic Cat engines are now made by Yamaha.

I don't think Mits as a company will go. Mits heavy industries will survive. Again, Mits has a busy plant making 500,000 cars yearly. Mostly Mirage. They won't fold that, it makes good money.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Our family friend bought nothing but SnoPrice, they always broke, another relative was a Coleman freak (ya, camp stove Colman), I was a big Scorpion fan and also Chaparral. My bestie owned a JD Spitfire. I had a Rupp minibike too. You could argue there are 3 brands of sleds now as the top line Arctic Cat engines are now made by Yamaha.

I don't think Mits as a company will go. Mits heavy industries will survive. Again, Mits has a busy plant making 500,000 cars yearly. Mostly Mirage. They won't fold that, it makes good money.
    I would never claim Mitsubishi the company will fold. It will still be around long after all of us are gone. My speculation is about the car company in North America mainly, & I hope that I am wrong.

Even if they stick around & sell Nissan products, it's not the same in my opinion. It may become like Hyundai & Kia, but hopefully without the burning models. No one wants that type of hot rod!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-11-2023),Wallythacker (06-12-2023)