Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage G4 sedan VS. Scion iA (aka Toyota Yaris sedan)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mirage G4 sedan VS. Scion iA (aka Toyota Yaris sedan)

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    $16,000+ for a G4 w/ C.V.T. is a bit too much . Hopefully Mitsubishi will feel generous with the rebate and dealer(s) with their own discount like they did with the intro of the '14s and the oust of the '15s . Especially since the TOYOTA Yaris sedan (Ia , Mazda2 ) will have a base model with more safety features and excelllent crash test results ( 5 star , including offset ) . Much depends on the outcome of the G4 tests at I.I.H.S..
    They need to have rebates. The Scion iA puts the Mirage to shame for that price. I like my Mirage for 13500. For 16000+ I would have went for something more substantial like the iA.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    They need to have rebates. The Scion iA puts the Mirage to shame for that price. I like my Mirage for 13500. For 16000+ I would have went for something more substantial like the iA.
    You guys keep bringing iA, have anyone actually set in the car, or this is purely paper comparison? iA interior is cramped, less space in front, rear and anyone over 5'5" would have head clearance issues in the back seat. This is "sitting behind myself " and comparing to 2015 hatchback. For as much as they are asking for iA you are much better off paying $800 more and getting Mazda3 sedan.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Scion as a marque is dead anyway...why buy a car from an orphaned brand??

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...-keep-the-cars

Mazda discontinued the 2 for just this reason. It is more cramped than the much more capable 3, gets about the same mileage, and only costs slightly more.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Scion as a marque is dead anyway...why buy a car from an orphaned brand??

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...-keep-the-cars

Mazda discontinued the 2 for just this reason. It is more cramped than the much more capable 3, gets about the same mileage, and only costs slightly more.
    The Scion brand is dead but the iA is moving to Toyota as the Yaris sedan. So now it will have great resale value on top of being a nicer car. I have been in an iA and the car is way more substantial than the Mirage. It is faster, handles better, the interior is nicer, it has automatic braking as standard and fuel economy is similar. I am not saying that I do not like the Mirage sedan I am just saying that it does not compete at that price. They need to stop playing a rebate game and just price the car properly in the first place.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am 5'11" 220lbs and test drove the IA. It was a nice car but I felt way too cramped. I did not like the seating position and the roof line came down way too low giving it an extra claustrophobic feeling.
    One thing I like most about the Mirage is that for a tiny car it is easy to get in and out of, has a spacious feeling interior and upright seating position. My Yaris armrest comes today and I'm good to go.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roscoe1972 View Post
    I am 5'11" 220lbs and test drove the IA. It was a nice car but I felt way too cramped. I did not like the seating position and the roof line came down way too low giving it an extra claustrophobic feeling.
    One thing I like most about the Mirage is that for a tiny car it is easy to get in and out of, has a spacious feeling interior and upright seating position. My Yaris armrest comes today and I'm good to go.
    The armrest really helps to bring the comfort level up. Especially on long drives. It is a must have item for sure.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    The Scion brand is dead but the iA is moving to Toyota as the Yaris sedan. So now it will have great resale value on top of being a nicer car. I have been in an iA and the car is way more substantial than the Mirage. It is faster, handles better, the interior is nicer, it has automatic braking as standard and fuel economy is similar.
    Still it is hard to justify over Mazda3.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by cyclopathic; 04-06-2016 at 04:55 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (04-06-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Still it is hard to justify over Mazda3.
    This shows even more how over-priced the Mirage actually is. $14910 for an iA! If they were out at the time I got my Mirage, I would be driving an iA for that price. That is an awesome price for that car. A fully loaded Mirage G4 for 14 grand would be a good deal I would think. With rebates they will probably sell for about that but the rebate thing just does not fit with todays generation of buyers. Just price them correctly in the first place.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Roscoe1972 , I too felt the same way sitting and driving in the Ia with the 6 speed auto . The roof slopes too much towards the the doors making for tight headroom , especially left side of head . I also didn't like how my right knee and the side of leg hit the the center console . A shame . We liked the ride , handling , power and the potential gas mileage . The room inside the cabin is putting us off , but not out of the chance of a purchase . The odd size of the 185/60-16 H rated TOYO Proxes A27 is another reason , no other tire available in that size , so worse than the '14+'15 Mirage. Here's a SCION Ia forum , http://www.scioniaforum.com/ . Drove this one , front can be a deterrent for some .
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by cinder; 04-06-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The front end is the only thing about the outside that I think could be off putting for some. I personally like it because I think it would look great with some bigger wheels and a lower more aggressive stance. But as it is, it just does not go with the tiny wheels.