Thread: Looking for global-market rear bumper cover and assembly

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Looking for global-market rear bumper cover and assembly

Well, I've got some bad news. Someone ran into the back of me. My rear bumper took a pretty decent hit, but nothing behind it appears hurt. A visit to the body shop confirmed that, at least visually.

Worse, I have $1,000 deductibles... and the damage is less than a grand. Seems pointless to go through insurance. So, I'll be fixing it myself. And since I'm fixing it myself, I'd like to shy away from the big-butt rear bumper and get a global-market bumper and cover. Can I go directly through my Mitsubishi dealer? If not, where would I look to get one imported?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorifuta View Post
    Well, I've got some bad news. Someone ran into the back of me. My rear bumper took a pretty decent hit, but nothing behind it appears hurt. A visit to the body shop confirmed that, at least visually.

Worse, I have $1,000 deductibles... and the damage is less than a grand. Seems pointless to go through insurance. So, I'll be fixing it myself. And since I'm fixing it myself, I'd like to shy away from the big-butt rear bumper and get a global-market bumper and cover. Can I go directly through my Mitsubishi dealer? If not, where would I look to get one imported?
    I would get on mirage phillipines or look at ebay/yahoo auctions for places that may ship. Im going to say though that 1000 dollar fix is going to jump up greatly with freight costs. you may be able to get a bumper for a couple hundred but the freight could be over a grand. Just look around though at the auctions. I cant recall the chassis code but on the japan sites use the chassis code to find stuff.

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkt Ship View Post
    I would get on mirage phillipines or look at ebay/yahoo auctions for places that may ship. Im going to say though that 1000 dollar fix is going to jump up greatly with freight costs. you may be able to get a bumper for a couple hundred but the freight could be over a grand. Just look around though at the auctions. I cant recall the chassis code but on the japan sites use the chassis code to find stuff.
    chassis code is A05A

you may get from nengun.com or yahoo auction japan. you may also get from your your mitsu dealer

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezyWedges View Post
    chassis code is A05A

you may get from nengun.com or yahoo auction japan. you may also get from your your mitsu dealer
    We didnt get the cool bumper we got the wide load bumpers. Would be nice to have a smooth rear but would lose the crappy rear metal bumper piece that insurance would deny your claim if you got hit even though iots only rated for 5mph

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    We didnt get the cool bumper we got the wide load bumpers. Would be nice to have a smooth rear but would lose the crappy rear metal bumper piece that insurance would deny your claim if you got hit even though iots only rated for 5mph
    Thats bad. poor you guys.

Dorifuta: bummer!

Do you think you might have had more damage without the reinforced Canada/US style bumper? ?

There must be owners in the Philippines or Malaysia who have put body kits on their cars and have spare OEM covers laying around...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Dorifuta: bummer!

Do you think you might have had more damage without the reinforced Canada/US style bumper? ?

There must be owners in the Philippines or Malaysia who have put body kits on their cars and have spare OEM covers laying around...
    In my situation, it wouldn't have made a difference. The schmuck who hit me mis-timed pulling out of a driveway and whacked it from the side.

I want to get the inner bumper assembly as well though, just to have a bit of protection. I'm pretty sure a US bumper won't fit under a global cover.

Hey Cheesy, I want to try the local dealer, would you mind PMing me your VIN? That might be able to trick the parts computer into selecting the "right" bumper for my car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ....Actually, better question. Is the US crash-bumper thing strictly an add on? Does the global market car simply not have one?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorifuta View Post
    ....Actually, better question. Is the US crash-bumper thing strictly an add on? Does the global market car simply not have one?
    It probably has a small holder for the bumper like the evos do but its purely somewhere for the bumper to rest. dont quote me on that though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It probably has a small holder for the bumper like the evos do but its purely somewhere for the bumper to rest. dont quote me on that though.
    I'm probably going to just get a tube frame bumper made for it at a custom shop then. It'll probably be cheaper that way.

So... Anyone got a stock bumper cover to sell?