Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil filter location looks to be a reach with very little space making for a messy

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    '11 Fit air filter change extremely easy , just replaced about a week ago it on the dealer parking lot after its purchase at the parts department . The oil filter and drain in the open from beneath making for a smooth O.C. . The plastic guard near the drain plug does catch some oil that can be cleaned up with paper towels and glass cleaner . Headlight bulbs quite easy too . Been doing O.C.s for about 30 years .
    As far as the mirages oil filter location is I can say it may not be in the best place but as long as you dont hulk smash it in place it should be relatively easy to get off after the first run. I had issues getting leverage and breaking it loose from the factory settings. I can easily reach my hand from underneath and turn it now that ive torqued it to a level I can move with my gorilla hands. i will not need tools the second time. My issue really was how tight Mitsu torqued it to at the factory

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Our Yaris sedan headlight bulbs have plenty of space for exchange , it's the hatchback that there's no room for hands to get to the bulb .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Went back to another Mitsubishi dealer to get some numbers with our trade , no dice as of yet . Anyway , looked at a DE with C.V.T. in the showroom and looked at the oil filter location again . Noticed that its a stainless steel metal that's somewhat of a V-shape below the oil filter to catch and direct the oil downward when removing the filter . It's still a bit of a reach up in with very little space to remove and reinstall a filter ( get threaded correctly ) . I imagine could get better with practice . We're still pondering . The little t*rd does grow on you .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Went back to another Mitsubishi dealer to get some numbers with our trade , no dice as of yet . Anyway , looked at a DE with C.V.T. in the showroom and looked at the oil filter location again . Noticed that its a stainless steel metal that's somewhat of a V-shape below the oil filter to catch and direct the oil downward when removing the filter . It's still a bit of a reach up in with very little space to remove and reinstall a filter ( get threaded correctly ) . I imagine could get better with practice . We're still pondering . The little t*rd does grow on you .
    LOL it sure does grow on you. It does direct but doesn't do the best job it still spills around it when spinning it off.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I suppose it's probably best to loosen it slightly and let it drain out slowly for 10 minutes or more .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I suppose it's probably best to loosen it slightly and let it drain out slowly for 10 minutes or more .
    eh thats a waste of time lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkt Ship View Post
    eh thats a waste of time lol
    If you get a higher end filter with a good anti drain back valve it isn't much of an issue. Mine screws right off. Oil changes on this little bugger are easy peasy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dorifuta For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-09-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorifuta View Post
    If you get a higher end filter with a good anti drain back valve it isn't much of an issue. Mine screws right off. Oil changes on this little bugger are easy peasy.
    I generally stick with mitsu filters, They like that when you have to bring it in for warranty