Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Enhancement Requests: how would you improve the Mirage?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    A headlight control rotary switch on the dashboard (the way they do it on European cars), instead of having it on the left control stalk. It's annoying to have the headlights switch off accidentally at night when I signal a turn.

Don't knock drunk guys in bars; it means they're not driving. -- Richard Gere, Runaway Bride

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    A headlight control rotary switch on the dashboard (the way they do it on European cars), instead of having it on the left control stalk. It's annoying to have the headlights switch off accidentally at night when I signal a turn.
    Never happens to me, and all the cars I drive regularly (all Japanese) have this sort of control. Are you grabbing the edge of the left stalk when you signal?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Never happens to me, and all the cars I drive regularly (all Japanese) have this sort of control. Are you grabbing the edge of the left stalk when you signal?
    More like using my fingertips since the hands are primarily occupied with the wheel, same with my old Mitsu. Doesn't happen every time since I'm trying to get used to holding the stalk midway, but you know how driving in the Philippines is, and I don't want the lights turning off on me at the worst possible time.
    Don't knock drunk guys in bars; it means they're not driving. -- Richard Gere, Runaway Bride

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think most of these suggestions are missing the point. This is supposed to be a simple economy car. All those added gizmos add cost and tend to break after awhile. I would go the other way and simplify. I'd like to see a more basic starting package. I prefer manual windows, locks, mirrors. Get rid of the bluetooth, tire pressure sensor, the B mode transmission.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.7 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Madison320 For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (03-16-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @Madison:
    Part of the selling point of the Mirage are its awesome standard features. All the freebies you get for even the DS is awesome.

The fact that Push Button Start is standard for all ES makes for great selling point. Where else can you find a car with PBS new for 14,195?

The point of this thread is to ask for some amenities that would help make selling the car even easier - while at the same time keeping the price down.

I know that a few have gone all out with requests/ideas that go over 500, and mitsu might just take the idea and add 50$ to the starting price.

At least we can give Mitsu some feedback.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    @Madison:

I know that a few have gone all out with requests/ideas that go over 500, and mitsu might just take the idea and add 50$ to the starting price.
    Personally, I really don't know what some of my suggestions would cost. My number one request, though, would be a more useful cargo area by changing how the rear seats fold. On my Focus the rear bench is on hinges so it flips up and the rear seats fold down nearly flat - that seems like it wouldn't cost too much. The old Festiva/Mazda 121 had a seat that folded out of the way. Even making the seats fasten with wing-nuts so they could be removed would be helpful for those times when someone wants to move a piece of furniture or something similarly awkward. I would not be looking at this car if I wanted something comfortable for 4-5 adults on a long trip - so it would be handy if I could remove the rear seat for more luggage space.

Oh, and standard Cruise Control would be nice - I don't want to pay $500 for the package since I won't be using Bluetooth. In Canada, just adding A/C and cruise - 2 very popular options, increases the OTD price by over $4000 (though this adds several features I am indifferent too like alloys, fog lamps, heated mirrors etc.)

Block heaters run about $200, it seems, so that is a decent addition.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Those hinges definitely need to be addressed. It would have been a lot easier to put a sub in without the metal piece sticking on the passenger side of the bench.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @Madison:
    Part of the selling point of the Mirage are its awesome standard features. All the freebies you get for even the DS is awesome.
    Those features are not free. Everything adds to the cost. Plus there's more maintenance cost. But there's a simple compromise. Start with very basic model and then offer the options for more money.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.7 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Obviously the ES costs more than the DS.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Those hinges definitely need to be addressed. It would have been a lot easier to put a sub in without the metal piece sticking on the passenger side of the bench.
    I have a 10" sealed sub in the back hatch area of mine. The boxes dimensions are 15*15*13...what types of sub are you trying to fit in there??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)