Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Clacky 2015

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bear View Post
    Anyone in America speak English? Merriam Webster
    Hi Grumpy ... what's happening. Now, we're going to need to go ahead and move you downstairs into Storage B. We uhhhhh, have some new people coming in and we need all the space we can get. So if you can just go ahead, and pack up your stuff and move it down there, that would be terrific. Mmmkaaaay?

No, I don't have your stapler.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right. In the meantime I'm thinking this 0w20 oil is dumb. From what I understand Walmart 0w8 is far superior in all ve, dfsf, lbgtlmnopxyzwx,ron,octane,rpm,mfe,hr,mrs,bq,ydf,qr q specs. Duh...

As hilarious as it is seeing people get worked up about chit that doesn't matter. Someone mentioned in one of the many other threads discussing oil that this is a Mirage forum. Threads get derailed all the time and most guilty of that but lately these oil posts seem to all turn sour eventually. This forum is overrun by every thread turning into a screen full of specs that nobody cares about or understands. If you don't know what is posted then you're called stupid and ignorant.

Do better.
    So, if you punch me in the mouth and I bleed on you, you're offended. (I was slandered and misquoted, and my motives questioned which is first blood). Ya'll found that quite funny. So, if someone lies about me and I'm offended I'm out of line? Do better?

Quote me where I called anyone stupid, go ahead, I'll wait?

No? I thought so. Still putting words in my mouth and I see I need to be good with that.

I did say ignorant, and that has a cure. Education. Stupid is an entirely different word. No cure for that one.

My error entirely. See, I was honest in my IGNORANCE about the internals of the 3A92 and because I was and was not ashamed to be, so it made me humble enough to submit to some schooling by watching the videos and hungry for that knowledge asked some questions to further reduce my IGNORANCE. It benefitted me and will be useful during my ownership.

When someone does me such a kindness, I feel a need to reciprocate. So, I offered some information you were ignorant about and could benefit you as a gift that I have. Now there's a mistake. ROTFLMAO

Now to accept such a gift one must be humble, honest and hungry for that information. You have now voiced, both of you, that you have no such interest and despise it enough to wish anyone else that could benefit from it, who may be lurking, to be deprived of that as well.

What's the word for someone who is ignorant and happy to be so to their own detriment?

What's the word for someone who wishes to deprive others of something they don't even want? So, you speak for everyone? There's a word for that as well.

I did neither of you any harm, only good, but will abide your wishes.

AND I WANT MY STAPLER BACK and my tape dispenser!! You thought I didn't notice?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    GB this place isn't that serious man...when 7000milesout said the mad Canuckian sledgehammered all them engines ON PURPOSE he was quite obviously joking... almost every other 3rd post on here is a joke or at least said in jest or with the tonal hint of sarcasium.

I feel like you got this by your last line... its all good man
    Last edited by Basic; 03-01-2024 at 03:39 PM.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

7milesout (03-01-2024),inuvik (03-01-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sarcasium! Nice. I'm going to steal that from you!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bear View Post
    AND I WANT MY STAPLER BACK and my tape dispenser!! You thought I didn't notice?
    Ha! Good one.

I enjoy seeing the different ways we all approach this stuff & our favorite little cars. Good times.
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-01-2024 at 10:43 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Waiting for Clacky II to be released.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Clacky II

Name:  th-1827865286.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  17.2 KB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumpy Bear For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-04-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Where'd you get that picture of my wife?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-05-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    @ Fummins to me this engine is shows a data point of what will happen using the 0w20 long term.

Will not be using the 0w20 long term based on feel, and also now I have your engine teardown data to go off of too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sunbeam For This Useful Post:

Grumpy Bear (03-06-2024)

I think it's been mentioned before that Stevedmc ran his Mirage to 300,000 miles or more with whatever a Ford dealer poured in the hole. Which was 5w30 I believe. Take a look if you haven't already, he kept a great log of his car.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...(Garage-entry)

By this time next year the purple won will be no longer be
    Attachment 26717

Here's hoping for another year of no accidents! At least that car, accidents here happen weekly so odds aren't in our favor...

It's worth noting that there is more than one mfg of 0w20 and I just use the cheapest stuff that's in stock.

Last edited by Fummins; 03-06-2024 at 04:39 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)