Thread: My First Car Forum

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

My First Car Forum

Hello everybody. This is my first car forum. Anyway I got my mirage last month. It is Black SE model with CVT. I just have to get the CVT so that the ladies in my family could drive it. We need A/C so that is why we got the SE.
    CVT is not bad at all. It has good engine brake which I find good for winter driving. Mirage can also speed up. I got it to140kph on the freeways - enough to get caught speeding. It is stable at high speeds on a straight.
    I hope to get winter tires next season. I am thinking of 13" rims. . . Cheaper and more choices. I have not seen any discussion about maintenance schedule which I need to clarify cause the car's instrument says 12000kms but the manual says 6000kms in severe condition. I hope somebody can clarify. Thanks.

Welcome, Gonggong!

Congratulations on the car. You need a/c with the black paint! (And for those not familiar with the Canadian trims, SE is the top of the line.)

If the manual says 6k for severe service, that's what I'd follow. I think this winter counts as severe service.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Maintenance manual seems a general manual for all mitsubishi cars. In fact it is saying every 8000kms for normal conditions which is different to what the setting for the mirage instrument at 12000kms. Maybe mitsubishi is coming up with new schedules for new cars like the mirage.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    first timers get hazed big time!!