Thread: 2017 G4, Transmission Shuddering Problem, P0841

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2017 G4, Transmission Shuddering Problem, P0841

Hello all,

I currently drive a 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 with a CVT transmission. When I bought it at auction, the car shuddered terribly whenever it accelerated, so I replaced the transmission fluid and the filter. I used the OEM fluid. For a short while the problem subsided, but unfortunately, the transmission started shuddering again. At first it would only shudder when the RPMs exceeded 4k, but now it's starting to do it at 2-3k RPMs now. I scanned the codes for it and it gave me the code P0841, which my scanner identified as a line pressure sensor issue. How should I go about fixing this issue?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,875 Times in 2,170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lutheran_man01 View Post
    Hello all,

I currently drive a 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 with a CVT transmission. When I bought it at auction, the car shuddered terribly whenever it accelerated, so I replaced the transmission fluid and the filter. I used the OEM fluid. For a short while the problem subsided, but unfortunately, the transmission started shuddering again. At first it would only shudder when the RPMs exceeded 4k, but now it's starting to do it at 2-3k RPMs now. I scanned the codes for it and it gave me the code P0841, which my scanner identified as a line pressure sensor issue. How should I go about fixing this issue?
    Hello lutheran_man01 and welcome to the forum.

Sorry for the late response. I haven't owned a CVT Mirage and can't be much help. Have you been able to resolve this? The Jatco CVT used in the Mirage really benefits from regular maintenance such as fluid & filter changes. If a previous owner has neglected this maintenance, it can lead to problems down the road.

Note: Moved thread from TSBs to Engines & Transmissions.
    Last edited by Eggman; 07-06-2024 at 09:08 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

cvt connoisseur, of sorts OrganicFoxes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am assuming you just replaced the cartridge paper filter? There is also a screen mesh type filter that can be accessed by dropping the trans pan. Sometimes those can get clogged up and prevent fluid flow. Should also clean the pan and magnets with brake clean if you end up doing that. Dropping the pan for a good cleaning and filter replacement doesn’t always fix problems like that but I have seen it work on cvts before and it is worth trying.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

It's worth mentioning if the filter in the oil pan is plugged or has anything trapped in it that you can pick up with your fingers, your cvt if fuked.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)