Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone!

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hello everyone!

Hello hello, new Mirage G4 owner here!

After more than 10 years of wanting one of these cars (Mirage in general) I was finally able to acquire my attainable dream car yesterday afternoon. Got myself a Wine Red G4 ES, exact trim level and color I'd wanted for so long now. Got the car with 14 miles and already has 116.3, filled it up with $25 and the darn thing still has 200 miles of range left, even after sitting idling earlier today with my S/O reading the manual and cleaning the car.

Added some basic things, some cheap all weather mats and a wheel cover so far. Loving the car and for how small it is, it's so comfortable and both me and my girlfriend fit no issues (for context, I'm 6'2 and she's 5'10). All this being said, I have one big question to see if any of you happen to know the answer or have any more info.

We live in Puerto Rico for clarification, the car is an ES CVT but it came with F.A.S.T. Key and ironically no Android Auto. This has really got me confused because I have no idea what kind of specific optioning this thing has, all my info came from the US specs and now I'm a bit confused since the dealer also said it had Android Auto. Now, I don't mind not having it but this quite weird spec has got me stumped. Auto headlights and wipers, but no cruise.

Anywho, let me stop it there. Aside from this, I love the car and plan to enjoy it for the years to come. Plan to keep the Jatco CVT7 well kept with fluid changes every 30k miles and will do the basic maintenance myself. Thank you for taking the time to read this far. God bless.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miringo1.2 For This Useful Post:

BigMW (06-10-2024),daleWV (06-09-2024),Fummins (06-10-2024),MetroMPG (06-11-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miringo1.2 View Post
    Hello hello, new Mirage G4 owner here!

After more than 10 years of wanting one of these cars (Mirage in general) I was finally able to acquire my attainable dream car yesterday afternoon. Got myself a Wine Red G4 ES, exact trim level and color I'd wanted for so long now. Got the car with 14 miles and already has 116.3, filled it up with $25 and the darn thing still has 200 miles of range left, even after sitting idling earlier today with my S/O reading the manual and cleaning the car.

Added some basic things, some cheap all weather mats and a wheel cover so far. Loving the car and for how small it is, it's so comfortable and both me and my girlfriend fit no issues (for context, I'm 6'2 and she's 5'10). All this being said, I have one big question to see if any of you happen to know the answer or have any more info.

We live in Puerto Rico for clarification, the car is an ES CVT but it came with F.A.S.T. Key and ironically no Android Auto. This has really got me confused because I have no idea what kind of specific optioning this thing has, all my info came from the US specs and now I'm a bit confused since the dealer also said it had Android Auto. Now, I don't mind not having it but this quite weird spec has got me stumped. Auto headlights and wipers, but no cruise.

Anywho, let me stop it there. Aside from this, I love the car and plan to enjoy it for the years to come. Plan to keep the Jatco CVT7 well kept with fluid changes every 30k miles and will do the basic maintenance myself. Thank you for taking the time to read this far. God bless.
    What’s your question? I lost you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.2 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    What’s your question? I lost you.
    Pardon, got lost in writing the message.
    Was wanting to ask if anyone has any info regarding the weird optioning this car has. Came with no Android Auto or cruise control but has automatic headlights and wipers with push button start and fast entry. I've checked around but haven't found any specific information regarding this in the other country specs.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,143 Posts
    Was wanting to ask if anyone has any info regarding the weird optioning this car has. Came with no Android Auto or cruise control but has automatic headlights and wipers with push button start and fast entry. I've checked around but haven't found any specific information regarding this in the other country specs.
    Your trim levels must be different there.

Since 2019, all Mirage trim levels have cruise control in the States.

Congrats on your new car!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,149 Posts
    I'm curious to know if your dealer made changes.

Mitsubishi had a online service to see how your model was configured but it appears this is no longer working.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Click on this link and enter your VIN at the end of the URL in place of what's entered:

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/rs/fi...2A4HJ4FH011431
    This might be helpful though:

Mitsubishi VIN Information

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,502 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I'm curious to know if your dealer made changes.
    Dealers aren't smart enough to make changes ... like that. They can make other changes, but it's normally in the form of damage or other F-ups.

Miringo - Congrats on the new car. The CVT experts can better fill you in on maintenance than I (5-speed owner here), but I like the idea of a drain and top off at ever other oil change. You won't get ALL the CVT fluid, but more than 50%. And that would keep the fluid more fresh on a constant basis ... I think. But in any event, your plan is a good plan.

I used to be in charge of the V.S.I. (for seats) on the Avalon, Camry and Solara vehicles, back a long time ago when I was an engineer with Toyota. V.S.I. is vehicle specification index. It was a very complex table that defined equipment (in my case, seat equipment) for each vehicle region-by-region. It was complex for reasons I was never privy to. Didn't seem to have any rhyme or reason. EXCEPT, some marketing role people theoretically defined what that region's market "wanted." In the case of Toyota, those people seemed to get it right ... at least for the American market.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Miringo, just look at your VIN number. First 2 letters after ML32.... is your trim version.

Welcome. It seems like every country has different specs/options for each model. The Canada and US models differ a lot and same goes for Puerto Rico apparently. I looked up the specs for your car 2024 ES here and it looks like you have all the right equipment. Fast key, auto wipers and headlights, but no cruise, no android auto.
    https://www.mitsubishimotors.pr/modelos/mirage/trims

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-11-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Dealers aren't smart enough to make changes ... like that.
    I should clarify my statement. It has been some years but I seem to recall a forum member reporting their dealer swapped tires, maybe a radio...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Miringo - welcome & congrats on your new Mirage!

Curious what the average miles driven might be on the island. I suspect there are a lot of low-miles used cars around.

What were you driving before?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)