Thread: 3 accidents, is it totaled?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

3 accidents, is it totaled?

So I was in 3 accidents (1 in November 2023, other 2 in May 2024), all no-fault, and they are all still pending estimates and resolution on my 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage (ahem, plasma purple aka the best car color)

Accident 1: L bumper dent and rear tail light crack
    Accident 2: Bumper cracked and fell off, R tail light crack
    Accident 3 (18 wheeler): Rear hatch door dented and doesn't open

Either the 1st or 2nd accident also caused the bumper bar to be dented

I have been getting the runaround with the various insurances arguing with each other who caused what, though the pictures tell a fairly clear story. It's making slow progress only as I've started calling everyone daily the last 2 weeks. I am driving around with this car still with a duct-taped license plate to back window (falling off every few minutes due to the heat wave) but it sucks.

1. Is it likely it will get totaled?
    2. What can I expect as far as payouts go?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,874 Times in 2,169 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    So I was in 3 accidents (1 in November 2023, other 2 in May 2024), all no-fault, and they are all still pending estimates and resolution on my 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage (ahem, plasma purple aka the best car color)

Accident 1: L bumper dent and rear tail light crack
    Accident 2: Bumper cracked and fell off, R tail light crack
    Accident 3 (18 wheeler): Rear hatch door dented and doesn't open

Either the 1st or 2nd accident also caused the bumper bar to be dented

I have been getting the runaround with the various insurances arguing with each other who caused what, though the pictures tell a fairly clear story. It's making slow progress only as I've started calling everyone daily the last 2 weeks. I am driving around with this car still with a duct-taped license plate to back window (falling off every few minutes due to the heat wave) but it sucks.

1. Is it likely it will get totaled?
    2. What can I expect as far as payouts go?
    Hello dizzy and welcome to the forum.

It's difficult to tell how an insurance company will decide on your case. Did you buy yours new or used? How many miles on the odometer? Is it a manual or automatic transmission?

In any case, here's hoping they take care of you and keep your Mirage on the road.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I find insurance companies sometimes move quicker if they’re paying for a rental car or storage fees while a car sits in limbo at a body shop.
    Did you get estimates from a body shop or adjuster after each accident?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-18-2024)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hey!

I bought my Mirage used in 2020. It had 69k (oh yeah baby!) miles when I bought it; now it has 115k. It's automatic.

I made a bunch of calls again (doing this every couple days now). As of now accident 1 still pending, accident 2 is saying they will give me $220 (usd) which is laughable, accident 3 IDK.

Since the car is driveable I have not been reimbursed for a rental yet, though all 3 claims said I am eligible once it's in the shop. It sucks, we are in a heat wave and my license plate which was duct-taped to the rear window kept falling every couple minutes. I finally gave up and zip tied it to the back of a seat head rest and it's techincally visible but feels really sketch.