Thread: CVT problem, what could be the issue?

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks

Exclamation CVT problem, what could be the issue?

Hi everyone!

So i am having some problems with my car, the car has very sluggish acceleration in D and Ds but drives fine in in other gear. The car go over 110 and it feels like the engine is revving but the car is not accelerating.

There is a cranking sound coming out the engine as well, could it be an engine issue or just something with the transmission.

The transmission was recently swapped. There was a leak tho however the coolant line broke and oil leaked but car was stopped immediately. There was another incident where the flywheel got jammed as well.

Any insight into about this kind of behaviour would be great.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,874 Times in 2,169 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msamoeed View Post
    Hi everyone!

So i am having some problems with my car, the car has very sluggish acceleration in D and Ds but drives fine in in other gear. The car go over 110 and it feels like the engine is revving but the car is not accelerating.

There is a cranking sound coming out the engine as well, could it be an engine issue or just something with the transmission.

The transmission was recently swapped. There was a leak tho however the coolant line broke and oil leaked but car was stopped immediately. There was another incident where the flywheel got jammed as well.

Any insight into about this kind of behaviour would be great.
    Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your car. Looking back on your past posts, it seems something is always going on with your Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)