Thread: OBD code reader / scan tool?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

OBD code reader / scan tool?

What's a good OBD/ABS scan tool/code reader that will work with the U.S. Mirage? I'm wondering if the Innova 3030 or the Autel MaxiScans would work ... any ideas? Thanks!

Personally, I'd get a ScanGauge or equivalent. Much more useful than a code reader only.

Doubles as a trip computer, digital gauge set, plus reads & resets codes in any OBD-II vehicle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do you know if the ScanGauge read & clear ABS codes too? I don't see it described in the online manual. Thanks!

I can't answer that one (never heard of ABS codes to be honest).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ABS = Anti-lock braking system - I believe most cars' computers now give ABS codes when there is a problem with the ABS system ... the Innova 3030 is supposed to read and clear ABS errors, not just "check engine light" codes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    My opinion is to go with the scangauge too.

How often have you run into ABS problems? I never have. If you need codes read, go to a parts store and have them do it with a fancy reader (assuming the SG doesn't read them). Not having ABS isn't the end of the world, so a trip to a parts store isn't going to be a problem.

But, I would email or call linear logic. Their tech support is great. They'll let you know if it doesn't read them.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the input.

I have a Honda Civic with an intermittent ABS light issue right now, so I figured a reader with ABS capabilities would come in handy.