Thread: Mitsubishi 'must change or die' in Oz (GoAuto.com.au)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Mitsubishi 'must change or die' in Oz (GoAuto.com.au)

And Mitsu has not been doing well in Oz for some years now.

Mitsubishi 'Must change or die' in Oz http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257A62007FDD72

A few notable quotes from that piece:

MITSUBISHI'S new Japanese boss in Australia has foreshadowed a shake-up of the company in Australia, saying it needs to change its culture or die.
    So far this year (2012), Mitsubishi sales have slipped 5.2 per cent against industry growth of almost 10 per cent, and its market share has slipped to 5.4 per cent – down from 6.3 per cent last year.

Last month, Mitsubishi monthly share slumped to 4.0 per cent – its worst in memory – taking it down to seventh place on the sales ladder, behind the fast-rising Volkswagen.
    Yikes.

Sounds like the company is really struggling. I've seen reference to things not looking rosy in the US market too.

It explains why they introduced the Mirage with such aggressive pricing in Oz. They've got to get buyers into the dealerships and bums in the cars.

Jamie - do you know if sales stats are provided publicly on a monthly basis? EG: I can look up monthly sales for individual models for most companies in the US (though that info's not as accessible in Canada).

It would be very interesting to see how the new Mirage is doing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Some times the info comes out. I used to have access to every car sale that was made in Oz for every month going back many years. Sadly i don't have that access anymore. If i find out any sale figures i will post them.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    There is an article i just found and it mentions that the Mirage has sold 534 cars in its first 3 weeks on sale in Oz. That to me is a good start here. Info here http://motorspices.com/blog/mitsubis...e-star-safety/

I will also have a post with this link in the news section.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiec For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-19-2013)

Aha - good eye. Thanks for that!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)