Thread: First drive review: Mitsubishi Mirage - AOL cars ( U.K.)

First drive review: Mitsubishi Mirage - AOL cars ( U.K.)

"Designed to be as efficient as possible: the lightest, most aerodynamic and most fuel-efficient car in its class."

What they liked:

• zippy and thrifty 1.2 L engine - pleasant "thrum"
    • center console nicely styled and intuitive to use
    • 5-speed gear action is crisp
    • low weight makes it pleasant to "hustle along"
    • low price

What they didn't like:
    • lots of body roll
    • not won over by the styling

Summing up:
    • "We were rather impressed" -- "It deserves to do well."

Full review and photos: http://cars.aol.co.uk/2012/12/11/fir...ubishi-mirage/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    We'd choose the Mirage over a Micra but take a Kia Picanto over it. However, the Korean is likely to be noticeably dearer than the Mirage, and with Mitsubishi saying they can sell as many as they want, we expect the Mirage to be a decent seller for Mitsubishi.
    The Picanto was actually one of the cars that I was considering. The styling and interior of the Kia is great, but it's smaller - cargo space is precious and the back seat is cramped - and as per the owners, not really that economical. The Mirage is either cheaper (GLX) or better equipped (GLS), more powerful, lighter, has a better automatic transmission, better economy, and is just a much more practical, better all-rounder. The Picanto, frankly, is more restricted towards being a city car.

Hence I went for the Mirage.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; 02-15-2013 at 02:58 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

"The styling and interior of the Kia is great"

I don't usually comment much on styling since it's so subjective, but Kia / Hyundai really turned a corner with the designs of their latest cars. I think they stand apart.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)