Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuel economy MID photos

Good question... and easy enough to check: just change the units on your display and check the conversion math.

1. Go to the "average fuel consumption" display.

2. Press and hold the multi-information display switch for about 5 seconds or more until buzzer sound is heard twice.

3. Press and hold the multi-information display switch to switch in sequence from “km/L” ...to... “L/100 km” ...to... “mpg” ...to... “km/L”.
    I wonder if they gave Canada US or Imperial gallons...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Generally speaking, not always, but most of the time, countries with MPH speed ratings have higher top speed limits. Making it less ideal for the Mirage.
    A ha .... assuming that you will drive at top speed limit. As at the moment of shooting, top speed limit was 100 km/h, I refuses to drive that fast since it will ruin my fuel consumption.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Good question... and easy enough to check: just change the units on your display and check the conversion math.

I wonder if they gave Canada US or Imperial gallons...
    They don't use liters?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

They do - default units are Metric and L/100 km on the MID. I was just wondering if I switched over to MPG units whether they gave us Imperial/UK gallons or US gallons.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

MID automatically resets from Manual to Auto

Name:  MID reset.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  52.8 KB
    (Page 3-106 Mirage users manual)

Changing the reset mode for the average fuel consumption from Auto Reset to Manual Reset serves no purpose. It is automatically returned to the Auto Reset mode when the ignition is turned off and then back on. So the only thing Manual Reset does can already be done in Auto Reset mode.

The only way to track the mileage for a tank of gas or an extended trip would be to leave the engine running. Does the Manual Reset work logically in someone else's Mirage?

in software developement circles when a bug is found, and there isn't time to fix it before product release, the bug is documented exactly the way it works and called a feature. Nobody can complain that it doesn't work right because it functions the way it is documented to work.

I wonder if the software in the MID is upgradable.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 48.1 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Only what displays is changed back to auto reset when the car sits without running. Both the auto reset and manual reset avg mpg modes are always being calculated. To see the manual mode, you must cycle through the options and change it to display the manual (B) mode.

I reset the B fuel consumption gauge at each fill up, as well as the A trip odometer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fifteenwindow For This Useful Post:

DemiRage (09-05-2014),MetroMPG (09-05-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

MID Avg mpg display

Thanks! My info was still in the B counter just as you indicated. I don't remember when the B counter was last reset but it was shortly after the car was purchased, it has over 2500 now. When it kept switching back to A mode I quit trying to use it. So now it's got the average for at least a couple of thousand miles.
    Name:  20140905_084828_resized.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  90.4 KB
    Thanks again!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 48.1 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Those are some impressive MPGs, DemiRage. Nice work.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Took a Silver '14 ES with the C.V.T. for a spin and this was the result . Included 2 of us , 4 stop lights , interstate ( 65+ ) , a steep hill and some winds . The car had about 27 miles on it at end of the test drive . It was manufactured in February of '14 . Also tried a manual in the dealer lot and found the clutch to be smooth for engagement , second to the Mazda 2 that I tried . The shifting could be a bit better ( a little notchy ) . Maybe some REDLINE or AMSOIL full synthetic gear oil would help that . Did wonders for the 5 speed manual of a '08 YARIS 3 door we had . I prefer a manual , but she doesn't . Have many hills to contend with since being in a valley .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fifteenwindow View Post
    Those are some impressive MPGs, DemiRage. Nice work.
    Thanks. You seem to have done even better with a stick. I'm pretty light footed. The ECO light comes on at about 10mph and seldom flickers. We also have a Prius and it seems to get better mileage by accellorating more rapidly. It does get better mileage than the Mirage but, in winter when the engine runs extra to keep it's self and the occupants warm, the MPG will drop off. Shouldn't change much in the Mirage, as a guess.