Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ME and my Booger!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

ME and my Booger!

So yeah I am Rick, from salt lake city UTAH.

My wife and kids and I decided to buy a 2014 kiwi green 5mt ES loaded mirage, dumping our 2012 versa which I loved but also was disappointed in the mileage as of late(26MPG city avg.)

This has been an absolute joy driving, the kids love it, and I love my first hard hilly all city tank. 38MPG city. I mean hilly mountain driving all day friday 12% grades and it did awesome!

Thanks for being here, because of this forum I went in and purchased my booger!

ED(Rick)

Hey Ed!

Was the Versa a manual too?

because of this forum I went in and purchased my booger
    Very cool to read that! We've had at least one other member (that I can remember) say the same thing.

Welcome to the forum!

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It was a cvt and it was loud.
    Thanks for the awesome response. And thanks for the welcome

Quote Originally Posted by ednevell View Post
    It was a cvt and it was loud.
    Yeah, the Mirage has gotten a lot of criticism from reviewers for the engine being loud when paired with the CVT too. If you demand maximum power from it a lot, I can see how it might get tiring since it just sits at a steady high RPM and drones away. I'm betting since you drive in the mountains, you need max power a lot. A manual Versa would have been nicer, too.

But still nowhere near as efficient as the Mirage!

Nice colour choice, too. I really like the green. Gives the car some personality.

What is it your kids like about the car?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    4yr old daughter likes it cause its green lol.
    9yr old likes it because its cool looking and better than the versa.
    I like that it sounds like a tractor with out the muffler and still get awesome mpg making all the noise. Lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, I like the Kiwi Green color on the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage as well. I would get the manual tranny, for sure. I saw another local Alamogordo Mirage today, a blue one. Every time I see one in the flesh I stare at it until it goes out of view. Humm, must like this car a lot!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    We test drove another with the CVT and took it to the top of a mountain with a steep windy road and back down the same side . I was surprised how much power it had , is loud , but doesn't bother me as much as the other . The cornering could be a bit hairy thanks to the slow steering response . It also had a lot of the new engine , exhaust smell on the interstate and especially going up the 45 degree hill with 2 people . Probably the most we've ever smelled coming into the cabin through the fresh air vent of a new car . She couldn't stand it . That could possibly drive some sales away . It started out with 24 and still managed 36 when we returned it from the quick run of the steep mountain , interstate , and a wee bit of city . 2 of us . She doesn't like it as well as I do . Maybe some day I'll convince her .
    Last edited by cinder; 04-06-2014 at 03:06 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome , hope you have much pleasure with your Booger .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You should really try a manual. I removed my muffler for some noise and it puts a smile on my face the noise it makes while getting 40.1mpg city and mountaneering. Ha

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd rather have a manual , but she doesn't care for them . We both would be driving it . Plan to try one to see how the clutch engagement and shifting are . Did test drive a 2011 MAZDA 2 with the 5 speed manual and that had the smoothest engaging clutch and precise shifting I've ever encountered in 30+ years of driving . We've had many manuals in the past . Those were Dodge Colts and a Champ . They had the 1.4 , 1.5 and a 1.6 ltr. engine . Miss those cars . Picked some of them up for $150 > $700 . Engine noise didn't bother us much back then . Also had a few Ford Festivas ( Mazda 121 ) with the 1.3 ltr. and 5 speed manual .