Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First tank = 402 mi = 50 MPG

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks . Took these yesterday , had to go back to the dealer to pick up a few more things .

Attached Images Attached Images      

Country
    Great Britain
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemustbebored View Post
    Now that's interesting; I didn't realise different countries had different illuminated bits. This says BRAKE and over here it's a little symbol; same with the check engine light; here it's a little engine symbol; that's words. Wonder what other variations there are between markets and if it's something legislative in each country that things need to look a certain way to get approval.

Anyway. Randon observation!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I want your gauge cluster. I wonder how hard it is to swap.

I bet all the connections are the same.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mike , Sport is very nice . They had a Plum '13 with the 5 speed manual , that color does grow on you after 1 hour or so of waiting outside the dealer while they're getting the paperwork done . Really like the alloys . That was sold . Keep us up to date with your F.E.. and enjoy it . If I ever ran into extra money I'd grab a DE Mirage with 5 speed manual in a split second . Haven't tried the manual , but plan to . Might try to find one to rent for a few days , have to be the C.V.T. for the other 1/2 .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Your base model w/ the auto trans gets the "best mpg" according to the epa, however, as we can see from real life experience those epa estimates can be bested pretty easily. But even w/ a 5spd manual, the base model would likely get better mpg VS the sport due to smaller/slimmer wheels. You made a good choice 2x w/ the fit imo.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here's the gas mileage for the '11 base with the 5 speed auto after arriving home on a full tank . Was very windy ( 20+ ) , 1 very steep hill , a few red lights , the 2 of us and an extra 50 lbs. of groceries . Still have the Blizzak WS60 snows on it set at 35.5 . Will get those off in a week or so . I tried a 5 speed manual and enjoyed it . She's not a fan of manuals .
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by cinder; 04-14-2014 at 05:30 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice work cinder. Just for the record, I have nothing against auto trannys I just prefer manuals when driving a small car. My buddy w/ that old colt traded it in on a 2014 Yaris around the holidays last year & had me "break it in" for him while he was out of town visiting family. It was the base model "L" 3dr hatch w/ 4spd auto & according to the avg mpg display, yielded 42.1 mpg for the 1st 500+ miles. I was very impressed & a bit shocked as I had even gone as far as advising against getting the yaris due to the "primitive" 4spd auto (extremely small selection of yaris 5spd manual here in SoCal) - even w/ his more aggressive driving he tells me he's getting close to 40mpg currently. Funny tho, he's actually wanting to trade the yaris in on a fr-s now, lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here's a test drive on video of the FR-S at Mpg-O-Matic . He got 34.1 m.p.g. with it . Go here for details , http://www.mpgomatic.com/2012/07/28/...-s-mpg-review/ . Quite impressive .

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I would be interested to know just what kind of driving acheived that mileage for you.
    my mirage on highway at 100km/h @ 2000rpm has not done better than 44.8 mpg US. With CVT.
    Car has just over 3600 km on it.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    I would be interested to know just what kind of driving acheived that mileage for you.
    my mirage on highway at 100km/h @ 2000rpm has not done better than 44.8 mpg US. With CVT.
    Car has just over 3600 km on it.
    Are you referring to the O.P. ?