Thread: US: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage: New Car Review (AutoTrader.com)

US: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage: New Car Review (AutoTrader.com)

Name:  autotrader.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  69.1 KB

Here's a reasonable, balanced review from Auto Trader.

You know it's on the right track from the opening sentence: "The 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage has a simple goal: to provide cheap transportation with minimal fuss. On the whole, we'd say mission accomplished."

That's not to say they didn't take the car to task with the usual criticisms....

Liked:

- excellent fuel economy
    - well equipped
    - easy to park
    - good interior room for the size

Didn't like:

- slow acceleration
    - engine noise under load (guess what... they were driving the "rev-happy CVT)
    - choppy ride on some surfaces
    - handling
    - price of top spec SE model makes it uncompetitive with better cars

Overall
    ...if your personal test simply concerns whether or not the car fits your budget and gives you great fuel economy, it's hard to argue with the Mirage. Take one for a spin ...
    Read the full review, see photos: http://www.autotrader.com/research/a...car-review.jsp

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Top spec of the SE just has the Nav right? Adds 500 or so $? What else counts as "top of the line"?

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    Pricing makes a big difference to anyone's choice of car. Here in Thailand even the top spec Mirage/Attrage is much cheaper than the equivalent Yaris/Fiesta. I think it's unfair to say the Mirage is below these cars when they are in a completely different price band. My purchase limit was $15,000 and for that my Attrage easily beat the competition. I agree some of the interior finishes are not top grade but you can't really expect that from an entry level eco car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't get this interior finish thing anyway. "Reviewers" always put the 2008 and/on Lancer down for having a "cheap" interior. I don't know what they're talking about and find their criticism ridiculous. I'll bet the same applies to the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage hatch and G4 sedan.