Thread: US: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES review: Back to basics (Portland Tribune)

US: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES review: Back to basics (Portland Tribune)

Name:  portland.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  85.2 KB

I wasn't sure where the reviewer was going to go with this one, because it doesn't start out very well:

"Mitsubishi made it hard for me to like the 2014 Mirage..." partly because they gave him the ES with CVT. "I would have preferred the base five-speed manual."
    On top of that, Mitsu gave him a Plasma Purple one. He disputes that description: "Trust me, it was pink."

But he generally keeps things in perspective in this long-ish, detailed review:

• Points out the low starting price and great MPG.
    • He can't resist a comparison to past 3-cylinder econoboxes (Daihatsu Charade, Chev/Geo Metro, Subaru Justy), but correctly points out "it is much better than any of them."
    • The usual criticisms come up of course (eg. handling, power, interior materials).
    • And regarding the colour... "well, it turned out girls like it, so that's something."

Read the full review: http://pamplinmedia.com/pt/11-featur...back-to-basics

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    After reading the actual review it was much less negative then I would of thought!

That's what I thought too - from the negative start, I thought it was going to be bad, but he managed to keep things in perspective.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)