Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Adjust clutch engagement point - Mitsubishi Mirage / Space Star

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just made the adjustment and the shifts are less labored and smoother now. Thanks again!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to precisionxt For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-26-2019)

Yup, mine's much more enjoyable to shift too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (06-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    1.)Does anyone know if the adjustment in the Picture is factory?
    2.)Also, will this void your warranty?
    3.)And does having a higher clutch point feel "really light"? l adjusted mine to the right and it feels like my clutch doesn't go all the way to the floor...feels really spongy?...not like when l first drove the car...anyone know what it could be? l don't feel a bite point at all and when l push the clutch in it feels like there is no resistance and makes me think that the clutch is not functioning correctly...is this normal? Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    1.)Does anyone know if the adjustment in the Picture is factory?
    2.)Also, will this void your warranty?
    3.)And does having a higher clutch point feel "really light"? l adjusted mine to the right and it feels like my clutch doesn't go all the way to the floor...feels really spongy?...not like when l first drove the car...anyone know what it could be? l don't feel a bite point at all and when l push the clutch in it feels like there is no resistance and makes me think that the clutch is not functioning correctly...is this normal? Thanks
    I would check the clutch free play with a ruler. The owner's manual shows you how to do this. If it's not within specs, I would let the dealership adjust the clutch for you. If it doesn't seem right to them, they will tell you.

The Mirage is the lightest (easiest to push) clutch I have ever driven. It took some time to get use to it. Now, my Forester's clutch seems heavy when I drive it!

You should be able to the push the clutch to the floor. If my clutch isn't pushed all the way down, the car won't even start. I discovered that quite fast when installing a floor mat incorrectly.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (06-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks, lt freaked me out at first as l like to unintentionally break things lol l'll check with a ruler and if it's bad, l''l contact the dealership.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My dad has a Scion xB and THAT'S a light clutch!

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Hello.
    I just created an account to this forum just to say thank you to Alpha_One.
    Have adjusted my clutch and it is very easy to adjust it.

I just bought a GLX 2016 with very low mileage -around 25k KM. The clutch was very high and it's difficult to find the engagement point.
    Moreover, I am a junior driver so I got several time engine shut off because of this difficulty.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fari Fairis For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-30-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Clutch adjustment.

Thank you very much!

I recently found, by visiting a Mitsubishi dealer, that my car was sold with an automatic! This will be my first adjustment in the 35,000 km I've driven it since purchasing it with 164,000 km on its odometer. Appreciate the pictures. Going to go try my hand with the adjustment now.

Best wishes, Mr. Mits. (Tom)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mits View Post
    Thank you very much!

I recently found, by visiting a Mitsubishi dealer, that my car was sold with an automatic! (Tom)
    I don't follow you. Are you saying that you just learned that the Mirage was sold with an available automatic or are you thinking someone converted your car from an auto/cvt to a manual?
    It's not as simple as just swapping adding a clutch pedal and bolting in a shifter. If your vin comes up as an automatic Mirage and you have a 5spd then you might want to look into the possibility that your vin has been changed, not the transmission.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks Fummins.

Hmm... I bought the car from a used car dealer in Mississauga ON, in Sept. 2022. It had a Carfax, and was quite impeccable overall. (There was a report of minor damage to front fender. I can see evidence of paintwork there.) Hope the used dealer didn't pull a fast one somehow. There was no manual with the car, odd - as I'm the second owner and you'd think it would be included. (There was a big gap in its service history according to Carfax...) I do have an aftermarket warranty which will expire this coming September, or at 204,000 km. I had a '69 Corolla which was easy to switch to right-hand-drive. I'll look at the engine and transmission. Their VIN's should match the windshield VIN if things are okay I guess.

Thanks, Tom