Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mitsubishi long term reliability

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    The Mitsubishi Mirage has only 74 hp on 1.2L engine, which makes only power density of 62 hp rep 1 liter.

If the engine receives a lot more (for example 100 hp per L or even higher), then engine will not last long (Ford's Ecoboost for ex.)
    I respectfully disagree. The lifespan of the engine also has to do with the materials used. For the ecoboosts for example, they have internals built for boost. How would you explain the Evo's 2.0L engine with about 300hp?

Do you really think all these car manufacturers would turbo an engine and not consider how many miles they would run?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Ford's Ecoboost engine is also made of iron, instead of aluminum.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Everything is about engineering and heat.

The lesser the heat, the better it is for your engine. Aluminium versus iron is only debatable in case of turbo application, aluminium being the best in all other cases except for the warm-up time. Turbo engines are less reliable by far, how many aditional parts are needed for a turbo application? You have your answer here, a ****load of stuff that can go wrong with time, turbo's dont usually last 200 000 km's, neither the intercooler.

In the end, Ford's ecoboost lineup is great for performance and good for fuel saving if you can restrain yourself but in 6 to 10 years i'm scared of the reliability issues that are going to appear.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    6-10 years? There already have massive recalls on them, and there overheating like crazy still!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    6-10 years? There already have massive recalls on them, and there overheating like crazy still!
    Wasnt aware, worst than I tough, lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    Funny, I don't know about this.

Although I don't often the f150 forums, when I was looking to get an ecoboost150, these issues seemed to have been resolved late 2013 into 2014.

Not to mention there are a few people in the forum I go to (pretty much) every day that abuse this truck. No issues reported yet.