View Poll Results: Did this forum help you decide to get a Mirage?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup

72 70.59%
  • Nope

25 24.51%
  • Maybe... still thinking about the car

5 4.90%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Did this forum influence your decision to get a Mirage? Helped with research?

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It absolutely did. While it wasn't the only reason, I've found this to be an excellent community of owners and a great source of information.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought the car w/out knowing about this forum. I wish I did before buying my G4. It might of prevented my from buying my G4 with the rear axle issue. I would of made the dealership keep checking alignments until I found a G4 with a rear axle alignment within specs. I’m sure they would of thought I was weird and a pain in the ass.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I read as much as I could on the forum before making a decision. I loved the fact there is a community of people who have gone through all the problems before me so I don't have to figure everything out by myself!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    I read as much as I could on the forum before making a decision. I loved the fact there is a community of people who have gone through all the problems before me so I don't have to figure everything out by myself!
    This right here. I read every owner/user review possible on virtually everything I buy. The contrast between complaints/issues that Mirage owners have, and how they discuss them, vs other cars is striking to say the least. Plus, this forum has been indispensable as I've had to work out some issues on my Mirage with a checkered past.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No. I bought my Mirage early 2014 and I didn't know about the Mirage Forum until later.

I found the Mirage Forum first from the Mirage Garage and Gallery section, and the customized Mirages in particular. Even though I haven't done a single mod to my Mirage, I like to see what other people have done.

The Forum behind that really is an excellent community of owners just like you say SubcompactCulture. They literally helped me save money on my new starter because the old one was defective. So I will forever be indebted to the Forum community.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had started researching the Mirage before I came across this forum, but this was definitely a deciding factor in purchasing the car. The passion the owners here have for the car, and the knowledge of the owners helped convince me that the Mirage was a car I wanted to get, and that was before I had even test driven one! Thankfully that part went well and reaffirmed everything I had read. One month in and I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    This forum has been a god send for me and I didnt even know about it till after we bought 2 Mirages! Between the great advice on how to take care of the CVT and how my rear axle alignment was off but not by too much, this forum has put my mind at ease for sure. My only wish is for there to be an off topic thread, where one can post or say anything on here.

Haha - just realized I can't go back and change my poll answer from "maybe" to "yup".

* (outside of editing the database!)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Renting Mirages was what got me to buy one.

Then......this forum, the great users here and my experience with my Mirages (my very first was totalled) prompted me to buy another.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This forum did help influence my Mirage purchase. A few of you know I am the owner/admin of GeoMetroForum and a few years ago a lot of my members were posting about the new Mirage being the "Modern Day Metro" and it kinda got out of hand where all the posts about the Mirage was screwing with searches for Geo Metro info and we had to put an end to all the Mirage talk.

My members and the members here are very smart people. We are frugal and reliability and fuel mileage are very important to us. Some members bought other economy cars from different manufacturers, but a vast majority bought a Mirage. I knew the Mirage had to be the best new economy car out there because of that.

My personal transportation situation before buying my new Mirage in January 2017 was crappy. Our primary vehicle was wifey's 1996 Geo Metro. My daily driver was a rotted out 98 Metro. During the winter our primary ride was a 1995 Chevy pickup since the 96 Metro was stored winters. The rot on my 98 was getting scary so it ended up parked and we sacrificed our very last Metro to the rust gods. The truck was costing at least $80.00 in gas a week and it was needing constant repairs that were costing me money and time.

New Years Eve on Saturday night 2016 we were at a party. We wanted to leave a little early to watch the ball drop at home. Got in the truck, put it in reverse, and.......... NOTHING. I had forward gears and after moving vehicles to get the truck out we got it home. 2016 was a bad year for me financially and slow work and other things. I refused to let 2017 be the same.

I went over what the truck was costing me and refused to replace the transmission because of the many other problems it had and was tired of fixing it. At least the Metro was reliable. I knew I needed a reliable vehicle and knew my credit was bad, but I read somewhere Mitsubishi can finance almost anyone. I had no credit and no money in the bank. Wifey took our Geo Metro to work Monday morning.

I got up early after she left and called Mentor Mitsubishi and talked to a salesman. I told him what I could afford a month, that my credit sucked, and wanted a brand new Mirage and no used vehicles. He asked what model, color, etc and I told him a Sapphire Blue ES hatchback model with manual transmission. He asked if I had a trade in and told him about my truck and he said as long as it makes it here.

Two hours later I got a call back and the salesman said I was approved and within what I could afford a month with nothing down. I got pretty excited! I knew I was going to pay a little more with financing, but I did not care. My payment was less than my fuel cost in the truck anyway. Wifey came home and was telling me that maybe we should go the the local Buy here-Pay here in town and I told her I had a better idea. I crunched the numbers with her and she agreed and than I told her....

"Well, I already did it! Lets go pick up our brand new car!!!!!!"

We love our 2017 Mirage. It's the best car we ever had. The payments are lower than some of the junk used vehicles we financed in the past, it's reliable, it gets great fuel mileage, and it's fun to drive! Here almost 3 years and 60,000 miles later we are still loving it like the day we brought it home. Here is my recent review.......

Now after making all the payments on time, my credit score is actually coming along! I am thinking after this one is payed off, we might get a G4 in a couple years!

Last edited by Johnny Mullet; 11-26-2019 at 12:56 AM.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (11-26-2019),Fummins (11-26-2019),MetroMPG (11-26-2019),Pryme (11-26-2019),Wil B (02-12-2022)