12v Plug died using 2x 18" LED Strips Rated @ 1A
As the title states I've got two LED stripes wired into a 12v cigarette plug that originally came with two other LED's attached to it. The adapter has a power button on it, and when wired to a 12v battery pack consisting of 8 AA batteries it still works fine so I know it's not the switch or fuse in it.
I checked the 15A fuse that is in Slot 2 as according to the owners manual such is the fuse for the cigarette adapter and it and its link show NO signs of burnout.
I checked the leads, but don't see any signs of them melting from too high a current, and I'm currently baffled.
Anyone want to shed some light on what could be the possibility of the issue if anyone knows
I don't have a multimeter at the moment. I'll have to wait a week to get one, so if I hear nothing before then I'll check the lines and make sure the voltage is running properly.
According to the cap on our plug slot it's rated for 120v so I see NO reason why these things would even TRY to hurt the leads which are from the look of it somewhere in the 6-8ga range.
View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)