Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 100mile First Oil Change Results

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mmm, I'm not trying to jump on you.I'm trying to save your mirage

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Mmm, I read your posts and I'm amazed that you didn't Blow up your mirage driving it like that.In any owners manual it tells you to Never drive your car like that. Especially when its brand new.the Frist 5,000 miles is very important to drive it easy to get everything. Broke in easy.then after that it wont be as hard on the motor.so I would drive it easy and see how it goes.and hope you don't void the warranty. Because if you look in the book you will see what voids the warranty. I believe hard driving and abuse will void it.:
    Lol, thanks for the concern! I'm not abusing the engine, I'm just making sure I run through the whole range of rpms on dino oil as I drive after a proper warmup ... so, basically, I'm making sure that it doesn't stay at around 2000rpm or 3000rpm like "easy driving" would do. I push it to 2 or 3000rpm, then accelerate to 4 and 5000rpm, then use B mode to go through the range of rpms again. I'm not abusing or punishing the engine, just running it throughout the rpm range.

If you stay at a low rpm range ("easy break ins"), you may run the risk of not seating the piston rings correctly ... which results in a loss of power, loss of mpg, and leaking oil.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ok keep us posted
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    I just bought a new Mirage ES ... oil was light yellow and clear on the dipstick when I bought it ... and ran it through the different rpm's to break in the engine for the first 100 miles ... did my first oil change and the oil was dark as soot! A glop of something also fell out into the oil pan!

We'll see what happens on my second oil change ... at around 250 miles
    Hey mmm, how's your Mirage holding up?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)