Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day 1 Potential Problems 1 (Bluetooth mic?) Update: warranty replacement

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Day 1 Potential Problems 1 (Bluetooth mic?) Update: warranty replacement

Got our phone (Samsung Mega) paired at the dealership by the salesman. We "tested" Bluetooth out by him calling us from the back seat on his phone. Call came through and all appeared to be well.

Made our 1st call in the Mirage today and it went right through. Volume was adjustable via the steering wheel controls, and sound quality was as good as I've heard on a Bluetooth connection in a car.

The problem is that our mic doesn't seem to work. Callers obviously could not hear us and quickly hung up the phone.

We called our home phone and tried to leave a message on the answering machine. When we got home, the calls had registered on our call history, but no message on the machine.

Tried repairing the phone with the car, and tried another phone (Samsung S4) with the same result.

Looks like a trip back to the dealer on Monday to see if we have something setup wrong, or, a bad mic or connection somewhere.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Been using the Bluetooth and phone occasionally and no loss of mic yet. Hopefully, an isolated issue. Good luck.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Mine works very well. I'm quite surprised by the clarity.
    Probably just a bad mic/connection.
    After a few failed attempts I even got my Samsung Galaxy S3 to work through the USB connector.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was able to pair my tablet via Bluetooth and play music through the car.

Worked very well.

Tried a DVD out and it played just fine. Not sure I'll ever use the feature, but nice to know it works.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I also must say that blutooth connectivity of playing music is superb. Waaaaay better clarity than fm radio.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I also must say that blutooth connectivity of playing music is superb. Waaaaay better clarity than fm radio.
    Not sure about in the US, but over here the bitrate for radio is usually 98-128 while the songs you download are 256 or 320.
    Much better quality than the radio.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The fm radio bitrate in the us is dredgingly low. Most stations are still at or around the 98k bitrate. Adding to the fact that the stations can only utilize the frequency assigned to them which further degrades quality and since about fifteen years ago radios no longer go by .5 incriments so now theres more interference.
    Radio @ 40 = nearly half the volume of a usb with 320 bitrate songs on it.

An aftermarket fm antenna could potentiall help with the clarity and pickup but quality would still be lacking until radio signals go into hd bitrates.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Which brings us to another topic that I'll create a different thread on: Aftermarket antennae.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Bringing the car in this afternoon for them to have a look at it.

Will post results.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just got back from the dealer. They are ordering a new Nav unit, as the mic is a part of the unit itself, not attached.

Service rep said they have had reports of a "few" bad mics, so it might be a good idea to check out the Bluetooth in your car, if so equipped.

Hopefully the Nav unit swap goes smoothly and we'll be navigating, bluetoothing, and entertained all at the same time - soon.