Thread: Nav Unit Connections

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Nav Unit Connections

Anybody removed the Navigation unit from their car?

I suspect it has several connectors on the back. Just wondering if one of them was the standard Mitsubishi stereo interface. If so, there are wire harnesses (both regular and reverse) available that could make it easy to add amps, subs, etc. without having to cut or splice factory wiring.

I've had good success with these in the past, using one harness connected to the stock stereo, routing the speaker outputs to an amp and the amp outputs back to the second harness that goes to the factory wiring.

If you trade the car, or just want to remove the extra equipment, you just have to unhook the two harnesses and put the original connector back to the factory unit.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  image1 (1).jpg
Views: 416
Size:  79.8 KB

Just got the unit from a junkyard, it uses standard 18 pin Clarion NX605 wiring harness, I just need to wire it to the adapter from the DE radio harness. The other is all Clarion part, GPS, Backup camera from Clarion NX605

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Is that the same unit that would have been in a 2015 with factory Sat-Nav? Are any of those plugs on the back a Ce-NET connector? Trying to figure out if Sirius can be added to the factory Sat-Nav easily without replacing the head unit.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This radio is not sirius ready, there is no option with that unless you swap the radio