Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouch

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Ouch

Does anyone else have issues with the seats in the ES(the height adjustable driver seat) Causing neck stiffness or back pain induced after 20 minutes or longer of driving?

I have a back that was demolished by a 16yr old girl and her parents eddie bauer exploder.

I can only stand it for so long then I have to park.

Any help with the seats would help.

Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We've found the seats to be comfortable.

Many people have problems with the angle of head rests, which is dictated by govt. regulations.

They are supposed to prevent whiplash, but end up causing occupants to tilt their heads forward. It bothers my wife more than me, probably because she is shorter.

One answer is to turn the head rest around. Might let you keep your head in a more upright position.

I found the seats comfortable, but so far I've only spent around an hour total driving Mirages.

See also:
    Thread: Done any long trips in your Mirage yet? Comfortable? Good fuel economy?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just drove for about an hour yesterday. No back issues to report. I will be driving about 2.5 hrs one way on Friday. Will get back with you on that trip.

Depending on the location, you may want to buy braces or pillows to help support.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They do make specially designed medicated seat covers for diff problems!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The seats have a lumbar support in them although not adjustable i have found particular heights of the seat dreadly uncomfortable and my back is similar to yours from years of working at my familys chrome plating shop (acid)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ACID???/ WHAAAAAAATTTT.

Just kidding, yeah I adjusted the arse portion of the seat up a bit and it seemed to help a lot, now I just need some protection from the lumbar support.

I love this car so much, that I am willing to be in agony day and night to drive it and... Save gas.

I urge everybody here to have a custom resonator installed to give it an awesome sound. MMMMMM 3 cylinder wine!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ednevell View Post
    ACID???/ WHAAAAAAATTTT.

Just kidding, yeah I adjusted the arse portion of the seat up a bit and it seemed to help a lot, now I just need some protection from the lumbar support.

I love this car so much, that I am willing to be in agony day and night to drive it and... Save gas.

I urge everybody here to have a custom resonator installed to give it an awesome sound. MMMMMM 3 cylinder wine!
    Heh...acid was the better part of it since most of that came from a 40/0 acid/copper mix. We had a 10% and an 80% acid tank too, but the worst thing about the shop that'd get to your bones was the cyanide (only chemical strong enough to eat nickel off steel. The main concern for the acid aside from fumes is the fact that so much of the 80% solution gets on you and you have to rinse it off thoroughly within 5 seconds or its process will have begun.

Sidebar, If anyone wants custom Electro-Plating (old fashioned, hardened plating) that gets SEVERELY graded on its quality by a family owned shop that's been opened for iver 70 years then check out Al's Associates & Hawk Welding in Fort Worth, Texas. It's my families shop, and I'm fairly certain that I can arrange a mass job discount if there are enough people in Texas and surrounding states wanting work done for less than what some other places might charge.
    We also do bronzing, brass, antique brass, nickel, copper, and manufacturing (and layouts if you have the specs of the piece you want created.
    The shop used to primarily do work for Tandy Corp, but obviously after their defunct that contract went out the window (We still use the leftover stamps they had on order for plating as weights ^_^.

We've since contracted with Chrysler, D&D Exhaust, Harley Davidson of Ft. Worth, and many other companies and also individuals wanting anything from doorknobs to antique piece restoration, and more.
    The shop's Phone number is (817) 921-2679 and while several people may pick up the main person to speak to for Fabrication is Tommy, or John and for Plating the guy to speak with is my father, Darryle, or Robert (The actual Technician that's been with the company for almost 40 years. My Aunt Julie handles all the finances, and Pat, Amie, Julie, Darryle, Robert, and a few others are all meticulous in regards to the quality of the plating as well as my Uncle David (who mainly handles Customer Service).

**NOTE** This is not an advertisement, just me informing people of where to get relatively cheap but still GREAT chrome work done (and no I'm not endorsing it because it's my family's shop. I don't have my part of ownership until my father's dead, or hands it over to me so the money it makes right now makes no difference to me.) Any and all information is simply information related to the shop and it's history to ensure people that the quality is worth the cost/wait to have the job done if they want it.

Back to the topic, what I'd suggest is unzipping the seat, and seeing if there's a way to remove the lumbar support (odds are that it's just bolted in, in which case simply undo it.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    TL : DR

Since I'm short and fat, my back actually forms well with the seat.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    HEY NOW Ares, are you saying I am anorexic? LOL Just kidding.

I am 190lbs, 5'8" of pure jello and broken bones(minus important cartilage) HA

I haven't formed to the seat, do I need more time in the torture chair?