Thread: US: website doing series of posts while testing a Mirage ES CVT (technologytell.com)

US: website doing series of posts while testing a Mirage ES CVT (technologytell.com)

The writers at technologytell.com have been unusually interested in getting their hands on a Mirage to test. They seem to appreciate the effort Mitsu put in engineering the car to be as efficient as it is.

Last August the posted a piece titled: Mitsubishi Mirage- Because Sometimes Simple can be better than Complicated

And back in February they wrote A Mirage of praise in the Mitsubishi desert

Poor Mitsubishi. They seem to get the short end of the stick from the mainstream automotive press when we know there are a few great engineers still left at the organization even when working on a shoestring budget.

We are also wanting to test the Mirage to see if it can potentially beat some hybrids on the market in the MPG game if driven carefully.
    (I replied saying that of course it's possible!)

Now that they've got their hands on a car, they're doing something interesting: they seem to be releasing a series of posts about various aspects of the car during the test instead of one long review.

First: Not a mirage…We get our hands on the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES!

And today a discussion of the audio: On Audio and Infotainment in the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES

I'll be watching for more...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Mikhail (04-30-2014)

Conclusion - keeps it in perspective

Brett Solomon posted the conclusion in his review on the Mirage yesterday. It's a level-headed breath of fresh air. He earned lots of respect from me for making fun of Car and Driver!

Car and Driver only achieved 26 MPG beating on the poor car like a huge drunk guy with a history of domestic violence.
    From the beginning, Solomon was interested in real world fuel economy, and in his week of driving the CVT in regular use, he saw nearly 48 MPG (US).

Overall:

I used the Mitsubishi Mirage for its purpose, and it performed admirably. If you want to beat a car like a red-headed stepchild, leave that to autojournos of other magazines. But if you are just looking for some inexpensive, reliable transportation that also has navigation and keyless start, check out the Mitsubishi Mirage.
    Read the full wrap-up: http://www.technologytell.com/in-car...shi-mirage-es/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Great review!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Shame to see it come to an end . Impressive F.E. for urban / city . Had 4 people in the car at one time and I would assume some others .