Thread: Hit a Pot Hole. Bumper Is Slight Mis-aligned.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Hit a Pot Hole. Bumper Is Slight Mis-aligned.

So I hit a really deep pot hole the other night taking the mother-in-law to the hospital while it was raining. (She's ok)

They took off the bumper at the dealership when installing the fog lights and when they put it back on it looks better but still not aligned right.
    But I guess I slightly bent one of the radiator mounts so now my bumper is a little higher on one side.

Any idea what is involved in fixing / replacing this mount?
    I don't have any pics tonight I will try and get some tomorrow.

Let me know if you need more information

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think fummins said the rad mount is bolted on. It's a simple job to replace. sorry about your mishap glad all are OK
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by cleadus_fetus View Post
    So I hit a really deep pot hole the other night taking the mother-in-law to the hospital while it was raining. (She's ok)

They took off the bumper at the dealership when installing the fog lights and when they put it back on it looks better but still not aligned right.
    But I guess I slightly bent one of the radiator mounts so now my bumper is a little higher on one side.

Any idea what is involved in fixing / replacing this mount?
    I don't have any pics tonight I will try and get some tomorrow.

Let me know if you need more information
    Is it kinda effered/popped out at the top rear corner just ahead of the wheel? The rad supports are flimsy. I see them bend all the time. If yours is just pushed back a little then it’ll probably be an easy fix. One that the fog light installer could have done in a few minutes but was probably a “not my job” kinda deal.

I’ll wait for pics
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Is it kinda effered/popped out at the top rear corner just ahead of the wheel? The rad supports are flimsy. I see them bend all the time. If yours is just pushed back a little then it’ll probably be an easy fix. One that the fog light installer could have done in a few minutes but was probably a “not my job” kinda deal.

I’ll wait for pics
    So the bumper was sticking out on the side by the tire. When he put the bumper back on, that part is back where is it supposed to be.
    But if you look at the front of the car, you can tell its still not aligned perfectly. I fear it will pop back out.

Thanks for your reply!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    I did this exact same thing on my Mirage and so did my GF. She actually knocked her front bumper off on one side. What I did was remove the bumper cover, replace all of the broken plastic push pins holding it on, and straighten the large, flat, sheet metal brace that runs horizontally across the bottom of the core support. Mitsubishi calls this the 'lower tie bar'. This piece had been pushed up quite a bit and was pushing up everything attached to it. I was able to get the front bumper of her car looking almost perfect.

These cars are very flimsy up front, as Fummins said. As for my car? It isn't nearly as bad and I have been too lazy to take it apart.

The part I am referring to is #8 in the pic. You should be able to bend it back down by hand.