Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: What do you do for a living?

I was totally against the shot and all the other restrictions that went with it. The wife was the total opossite as me. Eventually I caved and got the recommended 2 needles which did nothing imo. Kids got one shot then I flopped back to my original stance. I know some people that said they had issues right after getting one, whether it was coincidence or not I don't know...It's pretty crazy how the world got shut down basically overnight. Work wise, I went in as normal but a lot of co-workers did get laid off. The wife was laid off as well at first but went back after a few weeks. The only good that came was the roads were vacant and I had the best commutes ever and I had a great excuse for not visiting people I didn't want to see.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    What I leaned from all the Covid nonsense was simple. There's no such thing as "inalienable" rights. None. Zero. Zip. Nada. You've been conned. When you are FORCED to have a medical procedure, the most horrifying thing there is, against your will you can be forced to do ANYTHING the government decrees. It wasn't even the government that forced the shot on you. In most cases it was your employer who in the grand scheme of things, has ZERO right to dictate what health care you must subject yourself to. First Amendment? Bull****. Second Amendment. More Bull****. The government removed your ability speak out about the "vaccine" and all the 400 million weapons in American hands were worthless. You lined up, rolled up, and got your shot. Or lost your job. Had I still been an airline pilot or a Prof. I would have been forced to get the shot to remain uncancelled.

I feel for everyone in this boat. No more political grandstanding from me. Ever. And Dirk, thanks bro. Knowing someone out there is concerned goes a long way.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Dinton (08-24-2023),mohammad (05-24-2023),twister77 (05-24-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't view vaccines as "good or bad"!

I view government mandates that remove a person's right to choose as "bad"! There's no "good" associated with that!
    I agree with that 100%.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I was totally against the shot and all the other restrictions that went with it.
    That was the status quo here in west TN. There's this urge people here get when told to do something that makes them act like petulant children throwing hissy fits in the name of "muh rights" unless you can convince them it was their idea first. Like the masks: if the whole thing started with a certain elected official with a rub-on tan suggesting masks were awesome and it's totally up to you whether or not you wanted to wear one, but if you DID it would be super patriotic and even downright heroic then it probably would've been popular. Since it started with a "mandate" in the interest of public health and a constant undermining of health officials and their advice by people who failed 5th grade biology, that was enough to sew, water, and harvest the crops of discontent. It's not about diseases or health at that point: it's about ego and its attachment to the culture war.

As far as the shot goes everyone in my family has no problem getting flu shots, tetanus shots, etc but allowed themselves to be politically swayed on the issue of the covid shots. I can't prove causation in this case, but the correlation was they got deathly ill for long stretches when they inevitably caught it, and I having got the 2 pfizer shots never got so much as the sniffles. I was tested 5 times between 2020-21 and it was always negative.

Oh, and I'm a field technician for an international corporation. I fix or install whatever they point me at. Usually copy machines, printers, medical equipment, and autonomous industrial robots.
    2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jonesboro For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-24-2023)

Neat.
    Last edited by Fummins; 05-23-2023 at 10:16 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Name:  OIP.jpeg.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  19.3 KB

I kid I kid! Thank you for sticking up for public health! I grew up in a CDC family, my Dad worked there for 25 years in Atlanta. I remember running around the empty CDC offices on a Saturday because Pop had work to do but it was his weekend to have his two sons. I work in Heathcare manufacturing and testing. I go to county services buildings for employee health screenings, firemen, etc.

FYI: forum policy is no political chatter. Unfortunately, COVID became inherently political.

Let's stick to talking about our favourite little @*$Tboxes.

Thank you.

No more political grandstanding from me. Ever.
    Thank you, Wally.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

BigMW (05-24-2023),Fummins (05-24-2023),inuvik (05-24-2023),mohammad (05-24-2023)