Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My friend asked, just over dinner tonight: what are the best tires?

I told him it was subjective. Better for comfort? Sound? Performance? Lifetime? Eco?

What would be your answer?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    My friend asked, just over dinner tonight: what are the best tires?

I told him it was subjective. Better for comfort? Sound? Performance? Lifetime? Eco?

What would be your answer?
    You nailed it. Most all manufacturers make a good product somewhere in their product line and it depends on what you are wanting.

Michelin is known as the best because their product is consistent always. Smooth riding, even wearing, you are paying the premium for the peace of mind that this set is just like the last ones you bought.

All of the others have a niche that they fit into best.

As far as bang for the buck, the Koreans are doing the same thing as with cars... lots of it. Hankook and Kuhmo offer some really nice stuff at a great price point.

There is so much to discuss on this subject !

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    WRD.

I have bought Kumho at least twice brand new. Does what I want it to for the price I'm willing to pay.

My thing always is: if you take car of them, they'll do just fine.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    During the week I'm an engineer, on weekends I'm a detailer which is better than my high paying job, it's not always about the money, more like you enjoy going to work like it was your first day on the job.

Basic - that's interesting. Now I know 2 tire engineers. Both on forums.

I *do* have a question: what's your opinion of the Mirage's factory tires? If you've posted about this already, just point me in the right direction.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for your service. My brother just left for basic/USAF two or so weeks ago. I always told myself that if I just had a bigger pair of lungs that I would have loved to go into the AF... No matter how much I trained, I just ran out of air before I made my mile and a half or two.

Would that basic training happen ta be at Hollomon Air Force Base? I live about 10 miles from that base here in southern New Mexico, the land of the 1947 Roswell...umm...crash.

I'm a Sleep Technician working for Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center. I hook people up with wires and get them all silly looking. Then put them to bed and watch their occipital, chin, reference, EKG, on and on waves as they sleep. If they qualify after 2 hours I put a CPAP mask on them and titrate pressures until the one is found that allows them to sleep soundly. REM sleep is best...in fact we need REM sleep because we need to dream. Literally. I love being a Sleep Tech.!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nope, he is in san antonio.

That sounds like an awesome job. What credentials do you need for it?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Let's see... Other than cruise the interwebs all day?!

I'm an Administrator at the VA Hospital in Oklahoma City. Joke away... We're one of a few not being investigated.

During my time off I coach lacrosse for one of the high school level clubs here. The game just started here, so it's only a couple clubs right now. I'm usally traveling during weekends to games in surrounding states, hence the Mirage being a good fit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 51.2 mpg (US) ... 21.8 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 61.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Basic - that's interesting. Now I know 2 tire engineers. Both on forums.

I *do* have a question: what's your opinion of the Mirage's factory tires? If you've posted about this already, just point me in the right direction.
    I only have 1000 miles on them, and they are still breaking in (yes tires respond positively or negatively to initial break in) so I haven't really pushed them, but so far I don't really have anything negative to say... but nothing overtly positive either! HAHA
    Initial impression is that they feel a bit squirmy, but this could be more due to the suspension.

Which tires do you have? There are usually two or three different OE tires, although I am not sure on the Mirage. Mine are the Dunlop Enasave.

P.S. glancing at Tire Rack shows a set of Bridgestone Potenza LRRs in this size! For the same money, these would be a quality upgrade from a performance standpoint at the trade off of treadlife.

YMMV as always, and Cheers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Canadian Mirages get the ENASAVE's too.

Yeah - I'd be *VERY* interested in comparing the RR properties of the Potenza RE92's against the Enasaves. That size of RE92 is OEM on the 1st generation Honda Insight - nothing that I know of beats them for low rolling resistance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)