Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbies etc.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hobbies etc.

So, what else do you do, when you're not at work and on the forum?

I used to do a lot of motorcycle riding. But the bike needs some maintenance and I don't quite have the $ to get it at 100% just yet...

I'm also a church volunteer - usually take pictures for church occasions etc. Also teach high school sophomores 1.5 hours worth on Wednesday nights.

When I'm at home, usually on the PC playing old games like Ragnarok, Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne (battle.net), Final Fantasy X HD Remastered.

I definitely need to catch up on movies. I have been watching the "important" blockbusters, but that's about it.

I guess I'm just in the mood to share today, and ask other people's business LOL. Obviously, your choice to participate or not.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-05-2014)

Wintertime: snowboarding. I take it easy cruising down the runs -- no terrain park for me. The season ended a month ago.

Every time I've spotted a Mirage in the wild like this one, it was on my way to or from snowboarding.

Summertime: sailing. I take part in local sailboat races on the mighty St. Lawrence River (hello USA on the other side). Usually I'm crew, sometimes skipper. Spring launch is this Thursday! I have a ragtag fleet of fiberglass sailboats that I play around on too.

Name:  tumblr_m07sitRXFs1r0kx5qo1_500.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  63.8 KB

I used to go on a big sailing adventure every summer on a tall ship, but my friend sold that boat, so probaby won't be doing that as much.

I mess around with cars too. I like making/testing economy mods. Thus, EcoModder.

I also bought a small old house that I'm gutting and rebuilding. Haven't gotten to the rebuilding part yet...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Damn. You sound like you have the life.

I don't think I could ever do both of those as I don't have great balance... And I'm overweight... That's why I mostly do motorsports.

I've skydived once. Too much money for too short an adrenaline rush. I get almost as much adrenaline pumping on two wheels for 20$ worth of gas - if that.

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    So, what else do you do, when you're not at work and on the forum?

I used to do a lot of motorcycle riding. But the bike needs some maintenance and I don't quite have the $ to get it at 100% just yet...

I'm also a church volunteer - usually take pictures for church occasions etc. Also teach high school sophomores 1.5 hours worth on Wednesday nights.

When I'm at home, usually on the PC playing old games like Ragnarok, Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne (battle.net), Final Fantasy X HD Remastered.

I definitely need to catch up on movies. I have been watching the "important" blockbusters, but that's about it.

I guess I'm just in the mood to share today, and ask other people's business LOL. Obviously, your choice to participate or not.
    i am:

- Computer Games (Dota 2, Xbox Forza Motorsports, Final fantasy, Neverwinter night and War Craft).. haha..
    - Gibson guitar lover , ya i love shredding
    - Fitness freak ( running , workout daily )
    - Soccer every wednesday
    - watching drama series like marathon the whole night (japanese, US)
    - Outdoor activities
    - Saturday night will be sometimes at race track (Malaysia international f1 circuit) .

that's all i guess..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice. What Final Fantasy?

I wish I had the dedication to run or go to the gym every day. I just don't - even if I technically need to lose 40 lbs to get anywhere near where my BMI needs to be.

However, my exercise has been country dancing on thursday and friday nights. I'm usually sweating a good 2 hours or so per evening... So that's bound to count for something...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Guitars, including playing and building/modifying them, Dungeons & Dragons with my kids, reading, sketching cars (usually original designs).

May we see some of said sketches?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I play with Jeeps. Spent a lot of time with the local Jeep people - off roading, helping others fix theirs.

I work in IT, so I need physical hobbies. Computers are no longer my hobby.

Front differential was bad - cheaper to just replace the entire axle with a junkyard unit

Little spring maintenance

When you can't break through a 3' snow drift, the solution is always back sideways into a ditch ...

Played around this weekend - Focus pictured on right

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M-88 For This Useful Post:

kerc (07-14-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Let's see...

I coach middle school and high school lacrosse.
    I drink too much.
    I watch TV.
    I play violin.
    I play World of Warcraft(ranked top 5k in world cuz I have no life).
    I sometimes help tune and modify cars of friends since I've done it all. Usually only if they provide beer or Woodford Double-Oak.
    I eat. Probably my favorite hobby.
    I moderate a top 100 world ranked forum.

That's my bachelor life.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 51.2 mpg (US) ... 21.8 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 61.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ^^ Love the older jeeps, like 80's

^ Wish I could play any instrument... Violin's one of the hardest I heard.