Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SpeedLab Parts?

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    A good intake actually takes in fresh air from the outside... Not the ambient HOT air that's under the hood. Other than a "free flowing" tube and filter, I don't see much with the SL intake.

I have not seen the header of the mirage and can't tell if it's worth replacing. I can tell you that a good intake, full exhaust, and tune all together will yield best results.
    So them dyno proving that their products make gains doesn't show anything?
    I use their intake, and I can assure you it makes the car a lot more rev happy than the stock intake. Sure it might suck a bit of hot air, but the headers being between the fire wall and engine helps greatly.
    I plan on getting the headers later on since they are a gain too.
    Currently on the market, SL intake/headers/chip are the only things that will improve the power. Modifying the exhaust results in a loss.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    So did u purchase their intake?

I want to and just weld on a bung for the maf. I dont think it should be that hard really. Im just more worried about the pay pal thing.

That and the unichip. I have no info on it. I wonder if it would even work because of the maf sensor that we have but they dont

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would get a drop in K&N filter and call it a day. Like it was said before sucking in hot air is going to do nothing for performance as well as gas milage. Without a proper place for the maf I think you would be having drivability problems as well.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTransporter View Post
    So did u purchase their intake?

I want to and just weld on a bung for the maf. I dont think it should be that hard really. Im just more worried about the pay pal thing.

That and the unichip. I have no info on it. I wonder if it would even work because of the maf sensor that we have but they dont
    You do realise PayPal is the safest way to pay for things?
    Unlike half the other places I try and buy things from for my mirage, they all ask for money transfers and western union crap which shows they are all trying to scam me.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    True and cant you use your credit card?

Ill be looking in to it when i get some steady income. (Just got back to work from trade school)

Then ill figure out the bung needed and tig weld it at work.

Should work? Lol

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTransporter View Post
    True and cant you use your credit card?

Ill be looking in to it when i get some steady income. (Just got back to work from trade school)

Then ill figure out the bung needed and tig weld it at work.

Should work? Lol
    Paypal uses credit card anyway.
    I shouldn't see a problem adding the hole for the maf.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah JT View Post
    So them dyno proving that their products make gains doesn't show anything?
    I use their intake, and I can assure you it makes the car a lot more rev happy than the stock intake. Sure it might suck a bit of hot air, but the headers being between the fire wall and engine helps greatly.
    I plan on getting the headers later on since they are a gain too.
    Currently on the market, SL intake/headers/chip are the only things that will improve the power. Modifying the exhaust results in a loss.
    Dyno testing can be as accurate as the weather man - so many things to consider: air temp, moisture, day/time, etc. etc.

All I'm saying is that MOST reputable air intake products specifically isolate the air filter from the rest of the hood.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Dyno testing can be as accurate as the weather man - so many things to consider: air temp, moisture, day/time, etc. etc.

All I'm saying is that MOST reputable air intake products specifically isolate the air filter from the rest of the hood.
    Still the only current things on the market for a gain for the mirage.
    Those huge stivo cannon exhausts do nothing but look silly.
    I will be purchasing the headers for my car soon.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Sucking hot air with an under the hood intake is a non issue. For those who have ever used a scangauge or anything else that can monitor air intake temp, as soon as you start moving you're sucking in virtually ambient temperature air. I've measured it on a few different cars, and I've even tried to suck hot air off the exhaust manifold to make a warm air intake (for faster warm up in winter, and better fuel economy), and its not the easiest thing to suck in hot/warm air. While you're at idle however, you will see the temp rise as there isn't air flowing through the engine bay. However, this isn't a bad thing as you don't need power while idling...
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Warm air intake might help in cold places... Not here in TX. My "cold" engine light goes off a min and a half driving out. No issues there.

I'm not bogging down SL's efforts. Creating smoother intake pipes helped air flow a ton, I bet.

I guess I'll take it up on myself to see if I can create some sort of ram air intake... There's a lot of space on the left side of the front grill (looking into the car) that looks like a prime location for the intake.