Quote Originally Posted by festiboi View Post
You're very welcome Metro. I check the car news almost everyday and was drawn to this article obviously because it's about the Mirage. However, it's the same tired old comments that are on every Mirage article online from people, whom I doubt, have really even sat in the car, let alone drive one.

The amount of support from other folks was surprising, as I was expecting to be driven out of by villagers holding pitchforks!

All of us who frequent these sites are car enthusiasts. It's easy to love a fast or expensive car, and call it a day. I've driven my share of Mustangs and Chevy SS's over the years and they can be a hoot. But to be a car enthusiast, you have to appreciate all aspects of the car industry. There is a beauty to the Mirage. It's an honest-to-goodness car in an era when cars are trying to be something that they are not, and are overly complicated. It's a car that brings us back to basics and the simple premise of driving a car. It takes a real enthusiast to drive a car like the Mirage and to make the most of the car's modest power. Most importantly, the Mirage is a good car. It does everything a good car should do; safely keep up with freeway driving, offer plenty of room, it seems durable, and saves money while doing so. Anyone who doesn't appreciate that isn't a real enthusiast.

It's been said that designing a compact, economy car is one of the greatest challenges for designers and engineers. It has to be roomy while being easy to park. It has to have good fuel economy whilst being driveable day-to-day. It has to be rugged to survive the potential neglect it'll receive. And it has to do all of that while being cheap to build and still profitable. I think Mitsubishi did a fine job

Anyway, I guess I was a little fed up! Thank you for the support
Great post. I hope you don't mind if I link this in my forum signature.

So inspirational.